How much tire ballast for R4's

/ How much tire ballast for R4's #1  

rockyridgefarm

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT347
How much tire ballast for R4\'s

OK, I have a tractor on order, and want to know how many gallons of liquid ballast I am going to need. (so I can decide how I want to do it...)

I have searched and found many informative answers, except my tire size is never listed /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

They are 15-19.5 R4 Industrials in rear and 25x8.5-14 R4 in front.

/ How much tire ballast for R4's #2  
Re: How much tire ballast for R4\'s

Same size as I have on my JD4300, and I put in 30 gallons in each tire. 25 gallons of windshield washer fluid and 5 gallons of water in each.

$50

/ How much tire ballast for R4's

Thanks!
I can get used antifreeze for free, .25/gal on the WW fluid.

I have noticed that Deere, and the tire manufacturers say not to use alcohol. I used WW in my Yanmar, and didn't have a problem.

/ How much tire ballast for R4's #4  

<font color="blue"> I can get used antifreeze for free, .25/gal on the WW fluid </font>

Beware of antifreeze. If it is ethylene glycol based, and you have a leak, the puddles can be death traps for pets and wild animals. It tastes sweet, but is deadly poison. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif (couldn't find a skull and crossbones)

/ How much tire ballast for R4's

Actually, this is non-toxic stuff, but it is used, so I am wondering if it would have other problems, (contaminants..)

/ How much tire ballast for R4's #6  

As long as you're sure it is non-toxic, I wouldn't worry about any other stuff in it. All it does is sit in there and provide extra weight. You just want to be sure that you won't have it freeze (if applicable in your climate), cause rust, or be deadly when it comes out (as it will, most likely when you aren't expecting it if your luck is anything like most of us /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif).