It's tire time - MF35 utility

/ It's tire time - MF35 utility #1  

twosocks90

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF35 Utility (gas)
My MF35 Utility needs rear tires. I currently have Goodyear Industrial Sure-Grip 14.9x24 R4's, loaded with fluid and iron wheel weights.

The tractor is used for mowing the field, moving snow, loader work and plowing the garden (in that order). The R4's I have now have not impressed me with their traction. Our ground is moderately hilly.

I'm looking at Interco R1's from Nebraska Tire ($299) since they're within driving distance of me and I don't have to pay shipping. The Firestones available locally are $550 each and it's hard to justify almost double the price.

Is there any reason NOT to go with "cheap" R1's?

/ It's tire time - MF35 utility #2  
Interco makes a good tire and I have bought and installed many from Nebraka Tire...good folks. They also carry Continential which carries a great feild warranty. Not sure where you are located but I have even met their delivery truck out on his route to pick up a set of tires and they charged me a very small "handleing fee" to load them since the truck was going to be there anyhow. P.S. I would go for the Continentials before the Firestones if you choose not to go Interco

Last edited:
   / It's tire time - MF35 utility
Thanks. It's good to hear about your good experiences with those tires. We live just south of Blair, but I have a friend in Lincoln who can pick up the tires for me.

/ It's tire time - MF35 utility
I've been reading about R1 vs R4 and found this thread.

Is 14.9x24 in R4's different than 14.9x24 in R1's? The thread above seems to indicate that people have to change rim sizes when going from R4 to R1. :confused2:

/ It's tire time - MF35 utility #5  
I second Nebraska Tire, They used to carry what they called a "Buff" tire. I think it was a factory Second tire. I bought a pair and they worked well on a old early Ford 4000. And, Yes, They're good folks to work with. bjr