Tire chains, what size of tire do they fit?

/ Tire chains, what size of tire do they fit? #1  

Newblue

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA SS
I had a set of tire chains off of an older compact Deere given to me but the person did not know what size the tires were on the tractor. Is there any way to figure out what size they are so I can give them to somebody that needs them?

/ Tire chains, what size of tire do they fit? #2  
I had a set of tire chains off of an older compact Deere given to me but the person did not know what size the tires were on the tractor. Is there any way to figure out what size they are so I can give them to somebody that needs them?

Do you know the model number of the tractor?

/ Tire chains, what size of tire do they fit? #3  
possibly measure length and width. Several tractor tire companies now post the rolling radius of their tire since this is important info for MFWD vehicles.

Roy

/ Tire chains, what size of tire do they fit? #4  
Tirechains.com has several charts that tell what chain fits what tire. If you can find out what tractor model the previous owner had you can look up the size tire that was on it. Tractordata.com is a good source as well as the OEM dealers. Then you can compare other size tires that can use the same chains.

/ Tire chains, what size of tire do they fit?
Thanks for the info guys. The tractor was sold in '99 and it was the tractor owners son that gave me the chains. I think I remember more about the tractor than the son!

/ Tire chains, what size of tire do they fit? #6  
Thanks for the info guys. The tractor was sold in '99 and it was the tractor owners son that gave me the chains. I think I remember more about the tractor than the son!

Lay them out flat and then ,measure the length. Divide the length by pi
(3.14159) and that will give you the diameter. The measure the width. Look for a tire that diameter and width. That should get you close.

/ Tire chains, what size of tire do they fit? #7  
Lay them out flat and then ,measure the length. Divide the length by pi
(3.14159) and that will give you the diameter. The measure the width. Look for a tire that diameter and width. That should get you close.

The side chain lenth will be smaller than the tire diameter and the tire width will be narrower than the chain width. :cool: