Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    2011 Mahindra 5035, 2013 JD X738

Default Huge Tire Volume

Picking up my new Mahindra 5035 from a dealer in FL on Thursday for use at my home in the mountains of Western NC. For several reason, filling the tires is a must for me. I had wanted to go with Rimguard but after working with their sales rep., it's clear that there are no convenient dealers anywhere near to me. She did suggest that I may be able to travel to Asheville, NC and buy the Rim Guard in bulk from the dealer there. Since the FL dealer I am getting the tractor from normally uses only water to fill with, I am left to figure out how I can obtain a bulk supply of fluid and fill them myself.

The rears will use 73 gallons each and the fronts 22 gallons each. That's a total of 190 gallons so I guess it would take 4 @ "55 gallon drums". Man that seems like a HUGE amount of fluid to fill these tires.

It's a simple job but I have no idea where to find either bulk RV Anti-Freeze or bulk Windshield Washer Fluid. My preference is the RV antifreeze if I can't get the Rim Guard. Any suggestions??

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

Default Re: Huge Tire Volume

Just a couple questions;why fill the fronts,most don't.In FL.why not use water for a fill medium,no chance of freezeing. I have Rimguard but about 1500 miles north.RimGuard will be heavier for sure.

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

You might want to look into this. SIERRA Antifreeze Product Page (FAQ) Much safer than regular anti-freeze and much less costly than buying 55 gal drums. I have had it in one tractor for 10 years without any problems in N. Georgia. It mixes with water like regular antifreeze to get the protection point you want.

Have you checked with Mahindra about loading front tires? At least some manufacture do not recommend that because of the added stress on front end parts.

MarkV

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by nybirdman View Post
    Just a couple questions;why fill the fronts,most don't.In FL.why not use water for a fill medium,no chance of freezeing. I have Rimguard but about 1500 miles north.RimGuard will be heavier for sure.
    nybirdman,

First let me say that any "birdman" is a good man as far as I'm concerned. Upland bird hunting is a passion of mine.

In fact I may not fill the fronts.

You may have missed in my note that the tractor is for use at my home in the Western NC mountains. Buying it in FL because that's where my primary home is.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
    You might want to look into this. SIERRA Antifreeze Product Page (FAQ) Much safer than regular anti-freeze and much less costly than buying 55 gal drums. I have had it in one tractor for 10 years without any problems in N. Georgia. It mixes with water like regular antifreeze to get the protection point you want.

Have you checked with Mahindra about loading front tires? At least some manufacture do not recommend that because of the added stress on front end parts.

MarkV
    markV,

Great tip on the Sierra. I will be looking at that info this morning. Thanks. I am not committed to loading the front tires. On previous tractors I have NOT loaded the fronts.

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

Quote Originally Posted by flatpik6 View Post
    markV,

Great tip on the Sierra. I will be looking at that info this morning. Thanks. I am not committed to loading the front tires. On previous tractors I have NOT loaded the fronts.
    Should have mentioned that I was able to buy at the local auto parts store so no shipping if you decide to use it.

MarkV

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC12-1 4x4 w/ Cab

Have you looked at using wheel weights ?
    Here in N. NV a lot of us go that route.

E/S

2009 Kubota M8540HDC12-1 4x4 w/ Cab
    LA1353 FEL w/ 7' Bucket & Pallet Forks
    McMillen X1475 Earth Auger w/ 9", 18" & 24" augers - Land Pride RCR3596 Rotary Cutter
    Gearmore 4G4 Series 7' Box Scraper w/ hydraulic rippers

Elite Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

Wheel weights are expensive and I believe that there are no provisions provided for them on the 5035 either.

I would fill all four tires if it were me, in fact that is just what I did on both of my Mahindras. A 7520 and a 3215. It has worked out very well for me.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Wheel weights are expensive and I believe that there are no provisions provided for them on the 5035 either.

I would fill all four tires if it were me, in fact that is just what I did on both of my Mahindras. A 7520 and a 3215. It has worked out very well for me.
    MtnViewRanch,

What did you choose to use for ballast fluid?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple

In my area we use Methanol mixed with water since the 70's. It's the cheapest way and I've never seen a problem with it. Every tractor dealer and tire place that installs ag tires has it here. If you can't find it there look for go cart racing suppliers in that area. They use it for fuel.
    Charolais

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast