Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    New Holland / T4.75 Powerstar & Boomer 1030, Case 580 SM II

Default Re: Repairing a gash in a tire

I used rubber cement and that didn't hold for long. So I tried "Shoe Goo". Best cheap thing I came up with this far. And is stays flexible. It isn't a forever fix, but it is better than silicone and rubber cement.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Yes that's correct, the tire is NOT leaking whatsoever. I am mostly worried about it being caught by something like a 'hang nail' as mentioned. I just want something that can sort of cement the 'flap' back in to place. Where can I get these tire repair kits you guys mention? is it something an auto parts store would carry or more like a heavy equipment dealership?

As I said it's been like this for a long time, but I'm just worried about driving through the woods with it and having a stick or limb punch through the week area. I'd rather not take the tire off the backhoe as I'm sure that isn't an easy job, but then again, if I need to in order to save a flat I guess I don't have much of a choice
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    New Holland / T4.75 Powerstar & Boomer 1030, Case 580 SM II

Shoe Goo? It's available in Canadian Tire. Not sure where you get it south of the border. For me, I put shoe goo on and in it, clamp it and let it dry. Then get a rubber inside patch, roughen up the area around the gash, put more shoe goo and put the rubber patch over it. Clamp it again and let it dry for 24hrs.

Tractor
    Hyster H50

Drop by a tire shop. Chances are they'll have a can of Rema tire patch cement that is nearly empty that they might let you have. They go through a bunch, so even a can or two from the trash should have enough left if you cut the cans open and do some scraping. Plus, they have the brush in the handle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12