another tire loading question

/ another tire loading question #1  

glkingar

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33D
Hi Everyone,

Yet another tire loading question. :rolleyes: I have been searching the forums but could not find an answer to my question.

I had some kind of blue tire sealant added to my tires a few years ago and my question is: Is that going to be a problem when I load my tires? I usually use my backhoe attachment for balast but when I have a 3PT attachment on instead of the backhoe, my traction goes out the window. Right now I am using a blade and I can't get any traction and I'm hoping that loading the tires will help and give me a little bit more stability on angles. My property looks like a roller coaster. Any other ideas on how to improve stability and traction will be gratefully received.

Thanks for listening/reading and for any help you can provide.

Gerry

Since everyone wants to know what my tractor is.

2004 NH TC33D HST

/ another tire loading question #2  
perhaps you cuold find or make wheel weights for your machine?

/ another tire loading question #3  
perhaps you cuold find or make wheel weights for your machine?

this would work. with liquid in the tires you would have alot of weight on the back when you mounted the BH. With whell weights you could take them off when the BH goes on. :thumbsup:

/ another tire loading question #4  
loaded tires won't be an issue with a BH, the weight is on the ground not the rear end of tractor.

/ another tire loading question #5  
I don't see any reason the sealant will be a problem. It will be diluted and not as effective but should not cause any problems.

MarkV

/ another tire loading question #6  
^^ Yes. ^^ No problem with the load, but probably no/negligible remaining sealant effectiveness.
larry

/ another tire loading question
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be filling them soon.

Gerry

/ another tire loading question #8  
loaded tires won't be an issue with a BH, the weight is on the ground not the rear end of tractor.

I agree with you but was thinking of the total weight and the foot print of the tires, I do a lot of diging for people and have to travel on and across their lawns and the lighter the load the less I imprint the ground surface!

/ another tire loading question #9  
Moored4 understood. I would like to add though, the heavier weight is not the only part played on imprint. My old excavator weighed 20 times what my tractor weighed but sure left a much lower imprint. Maybe a wider tire might be a better solution? Also more weight means better traction, less spining or getting stuck, quess it's a catch 22

/ another tire loading question #10  
Load them. It makes a world of difference in traction and stability. If the lawn is too wet, don't go on it.

MarkV