Tire Repair - Inside patch or Slime?

/ Tire Repair - Inside patch or Slime? #11  
Sheet metal screw with rtv on it. Nip the head off when it's cured.

/ Tire Repair - Inside patch or Slime?
In addition, I noticed the Slime website suggests replacing the Slime or adding more Slime after two years. They don't claim it to be a permanent fix.

/ Tire Repair - Inside patch or Slime? #13  
In addition, I noticed the Slime website suggests replacing the Slime or adding more Slime after two years. They don't claim it to be a permanent fix.

We'll wait and see... we have some hawthorn trees along the fence-rows, get a lot of thorn punctures. At first I'd ream out the pinholes and use plugs, but that got tiring(sorry) real quick. I've had slime in the TG1860 tires for several years already, with no probs.

Pete

/ Tire Repair - Inside patch or Slime? #14  
front tractor tires are normally small enough in diameter. that most auto shops can put the tire on there machine, have it fixed within 10 minutes.

some places may only have machines for smaller size car tires, vs larger size full size pickup tires, and semi tires. so you might want to call and double check, up to what size there machine can handle. and have on hand your tire dimensions as well.

if you add slime to the tire, and then later on take it some place to get fixed for another hole or like, they may end up charging you more.

also clean up the tire, with a wire brush or brush and rag before taking it in. if it is all greease and muddy, they may tell you, to go scram off, and clean the tire up and then come back. or charge you more.

================
my luck has been i see a thorn or nail or screw or something in tire, ok easy fix. then next time around, ok not so easy fix, can not see were the puncture is, even after running air compressor and trying dish soap to see bubbles. but once tire is off the rim, "bingo" there is the thorn.

tubes air fairly cheap, and prefer to get tubes in all tires, if there is not already a tube in them. and helps reduce problems of "bad bead" seal between tire and rim, gives a little extra rubber a thorn or nail or like has to go through and perhaps not cause a leak. also helps deal with any tires that might be dry rooted or starting to crack.

/ Tire Repair - Inside patch or Slime? #15  
I have had excellent results with slime. I now run it as a preventative in ATV tires and front tires on tractors. Just use their guide to calculate how much to put in each tire.

Only 1 real issue with slime is when you get a hole that needs a patch you can't patch it. And that goes for tires or tubes.

Slime is water soluble, you just have to wash the tire out before going through the normal patch routine.