Tractor
    4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318

Default John Deere front tire query

My 2002 model 4210 just got one of the OEM front turf tires replaced today...990 hours which have been 90% mowing time. The tires are Titan brand Multi Trac C/S, size 24X8.50-14....tread is still excellent but the sidewalls on the one I replaced was bulging and constantly leaked air...with the recommended 22 psi the inner sidewall would almost rub the tie rod end on a sharp turn. The other front tire has no such issues. Look at the pictures...see the difference in the measurements between the beads of the opposite two sidewalls? No, I never rotated the front tires and don't think I ever struck anything that would have cause any damage, did have one nail puncture that I plugged five years ago. Front wheel alignment has always been correct.
    Did I possibly just get a tire with a manufacturing defect that gradually became worse? Thanks for any input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -057-jpg   -056-jpg  
    Rather than worry about the things you want but don't have, be grateful for the things you don't want and don't have.

I didn't plan to do much of anything today, but by noon I was almost half done.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Default Re: John Deere front tire query

Looks like a tire defect with an OEM basic tire. Titan seem to have more than the average share of unhappy campers, but that's just my view.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,