Silly ag tire question

/ Silly ag tire question #1  

bx24d

Silver Member
I just put a set of ag tires on my agco 2027 (27hp diesel subcompact) which I plan to use for plowing this year. Two questions: how bad do again tear up a hilly lawn when mowing? And, which way is the "v" pattern on the tire tread supposed to point? Forward or rearward?

/ Silly ag tire question #2  
bx24d said:
I just put a set of ag tires on my agco 2027 (27hp diesel subcompact) which I plan to use for plowing this year. Two questions: how bad do again tear up a hilly lawn when mowing? And, which way is the "v" pattern on the tire tread supposed to point? Forward or rearward?

To answer your second question...

Attachments

• image-1231591416.jpg
    image-1231591416.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 287
   / Silly ag tire question #3  

If you take it easy on the lawn. No sharp turns you should be fine. The tires when looking from the front will point towards the ground. There will also be a arrow on the sidewall that says "forward". If you put the tires on backwards they will not drop the mud like they are supposed to. I have seen them on that way and they look goofy. A picture sums up what I just said best.

/ Silly ag tire question #4  
If you take it easy on the lawn. No sharp turns you should be fine. The tires when looking from the front will point towards the ground. There will also be a arrow on the sidewall that says "forward". If you put the tires on backwards they will not drop the mud like they are supposed to. I have seen them on that way and they look goofy. A picture sums up what I just said best.

Also if your tractor is 4x4 don't drive on the grass in 4 wheel and turn.

/ Silly ag tire question #5  
Yeah

/ Silly ag tire question #6  
Funny, I found the exact opposite with my tractor. If it's in 4x4 the front wheels help pull the front of the tractor around but in 2x4 it tends to push (understeer) which tears up the turf.

Also if your tractor is 4x4 don't drive on the grass in 4 wheel and turn.

/ Silly ag tire question #7  
bikerdib said:
Funny, I found the exact opposite with my tractor. If it's in 4x4 the front wheels help pull the front of the tractor around but in 2x4 it tends to push (understeer) which tears up the turf.

I agree, at least with turf tires. But I do not know if that holds true with AG or R1 tires. Seems like it would. Though sharp turns year up the lawn no matter what.

/ Silly ag tire question #8  

Ag tires are unidirectional...which means they're designed to get best traction when mounted a specific way. This is an attribute they share with R-4 Industrial tires. These types of tires have an arrow embossed on the sidewall to show direction of travel.

/ Silly ag tire question #9  
For primarily loader work you can reverse the fronts. Said to wear better.

/ Silly ag tire question #10  
For primarily loader work you can reverse the fronts. Said to wear better.

I've never heard they wear better, but that is supposed to give better traction when backing out of a pile of materials.