Industrial tire vs Turf tire

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #31  
I've been eyeing these for a while now. If I have the cash I may get then in the spring.

nokian.jpg

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #32  
I forgot to ad that I believe the tires are made by Nokian.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #33  
I forgot to ad that I believe the tires are made by Nokian.

I was going to ask, I don't know that I have seen that tread before on a tractor.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #34  
I was going to ask, I don't know that I have seen that tread before on a tractor.

If you go on Nokians site they have some pics and there are some vids on you tube with them. Mostly Euro guys from what Ive seen. I think they would do great in the snow. The R1's arent that great plowing with.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #35  
   / Industrial tire vs Turf tire #36  
I would have to agree. They might be a good all around tire.

It would be an expensive experiment lol. They have a few with the similar tread pattern.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #38  
There is lots of controversy with this question. I have R-3's on my 4410 and am very happy with them. I have more than enough traction for most of my work. From pushing snow with the fel, snowblowing, heavy digging in dirt and gravel, mowing lawn and even cleaning wet soupy corrals. Farmers like the fact that if I run into something cleaning corrals at least I don't destroy it like a larger tractor does.

We have fairly sandy soil in this area which no doubt helps my situation. If we had sticky gumbo I could be looking for different tires.

The only issue I've had is that I've needed to replace several sets of front tires because of sidewall cuts. I now have a set of 10 ply tires on the front and we will see how they do.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #39  
ditto on the R4's. I have Ag tires on my BX2200 13 years and no problems. would never have turf tires again unless I have a dry flat yard. I had turf tires years ago on a 2072 Cub Cadet and did more damage with slipping tires than ever with ag or Industrial tires. Also I have sloping land and clay soil. With a damp yard right after mowing you will probably see tread marks. They will be gone shortly. Either a day of growth or a rain will take them away every time. True enough a sharp turn or sudden stops will make marks. get the R4's you won't regret it.:thumbsup:

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #40  
I have had a Cub Cadet 982 with turfs for 20 years now and I sure would not call them spin prone. Maybe a case of "greasy grass"? I even have a front blower but you need weight in the back.