Loaded tire pressure ck.

/ Loaded tire pressure ck. #1  

seacap04

Gold Member
Tractor
07 Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL
How do you ck air pressure in loaded tires without filling pressure guage with rim guard? I rotate tires till stem is at top of tire.

/ Loaded tire pressure ck. #2  
Others will have more experience them me but:

First, I don't seem to ever loose much air at all in a loaded tire.
Second, with the stem up, does the tire look like it is low? If both my tires were right last time, I can compare one side to the other to see if they look even.
Often I will put just a blast of air into the valve to clear the stem, and then check. If I get fluid into my gauge then, but the pressure is right, I have to consider whether my tire is overfilled with fluid. I try to decide it is NOT overfilled with fluid if at all possible. But if the state of fill is somehow unknown to me, I will let some out and replace back with air in a cyclical fashion until I know my tire is not over filled.

/ Loaded tire pressure ck. #4  
Stem up, using back side of tire gauge, let a puff of air out which clears fluid from stem, then check pressure normally.

/ Loaded tire pressure ck. #6  

I bought two of those. They work but they are very difficult to use. On my tractor's rear tires the fill valve is on the tractor side of the tire. So, it's difficult to get to and to see. The above gauge's scale is spring-loaded and returns to the normal position as soon as it's removed from the valve.

Now, I follow my dealer's advice and add air by eyeball until the tires look right. Fortunately, I've only had one low tire at a time. There's not much air pressure in the rear tires (about 10 lbs). I move the tractor until the valve is at the top of the tire. I attach a Walmart hand air pump (also difficult and inconvenient to attach, but not hard to pump when attached) and pump up a couple of strokes at a time until the tires look right. Occasionally, I will attempt to verify the results with the Milton tractor tire gauge.

/ Loaded tire pressure ck. #7  
It seems the R4 tires are pretty stiff compared to the R1 tires I am used to having. These tires have 10psi, checked with 3 different guages but notice how tall these stand up when the implement is lowered. While not loaded with fluid I still have 330#s of weight on each wheel. I don't have traction problems but I attribute that to the mostly dry soil conditions in my locale. If I were in the deep south it would be a big issue.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 278
  • landplane 002 triple weights.jpg
    landplane 002 triple weights.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 310
   / Loaded tire pressure ck. #8  
How do you ck air pressure in loaded tires without filling pressure guage with rim guard? I rotate tires till stem is at top of tire.
Get a dial gauge. They are driven by a Bourdon tube. Such has no problem with liquid. Even so, with CaCl there could be corrosion issues which would benefit from rinseout by repeated measurement of water pressure after each use on the salt. Other tire solutions are MUCH less corrosive. ... but you should always be alert to the possible formation of crystals as a solution drys. Rinse is good. :)
larry

/ Loaded tire pressure ck.
I use a dial guage and they are filled w/Rim Guard. I have R4s. I do not have any apparent "leak" issues. Just Time to think about putting chains on. I usually lower air pressure 5psi to make it easier. Then fill tires evenly till tight chains and about 30psi. I should have thought of trying a blast of air in or out. I will try that. I ship out so my posts may cover some time. Thanks all

/ Loaded tire pressure ck. #10  
valve stem at the top.

either hit the valve with a nail to clear it.. or puff a lil air in to clear it. both will clear the residue in the body of the stem.. I prefer puffing a lil air in.. etc..

then use you gauge.

works both ways..