Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL

Default Loaded tire pressure ck.

How do you ck air pressure in loaded tires without filling pressure guage with rim guard? I rotate tires till stem is at top of tire.
    Don
    Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL, 7 ft landscape rake, 4 ft QA forks, 7' Fisher snowplow converted to QA, Satoh Bull 630D w/fel (being restored) JD 317, mower, tiller

R.I.P.
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Default Re: Loaded tire pressure ck.

Others will have more experience them me but:

First, I don't seem to ever loose much air at all in a loaded tire.
    Second, with the stem up, does the tire look like it is low? If both my tires were right last time, I can compare one side to the other to see if they look even.
    Often I will put just a blast of air into the valve to clear the stem, and then check. If I get fluid into my gauge then, but the pressure is right, I have to consider whether my tire is overfilled with fluid. I try to decide it is NOT overfilled with fluid if at all possible. But if the state of fill is somehow unknown to me, I will let some out and replace back with air in a cyclical fashion until I know my tire is not over filled.
    Which is bigger?: a) $100 per month since the Big Bang or b) the US National Debt.

Tractor
    JD 5085M; NH TN70A; Ford 2600

Quote Originally Posted by EE_Bota View Post
    . . . I will put just a blast of air into the valve to clear the stem, and then check. . .
    ^ What he said.
    '10 JD 5085M Cab MFWD FEL
    '07 NH TN70A MFWD FEL
    '81 Ford 2600

JD 457 round baler; JD 265 & Kuhn GMD 600 disc mowers; Sitrex V-10 rake; Hardee 10', Rhino 7', & Modern 5' rotary mowers; JD 13' & Ford 6' tandem discs; HayKing 10' rennovator plow (sub-soiler); etc, etc.
    My other tractor is a '95 Kenworth.

Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

Stem up, using back side of tire gauge, let a puff of air out which clears fluid from stem, then check pressure normally.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Tractor
    Kubota L3830

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    I bought two of those. They work but they are very difficult to use. On my tractor's rear tires the fill valve is on the tractor side of the tire. So, it's difficult to get to and to see. The above gauge's scale is spring-loaded and returns to the normal position as soon as it's removed from the valve.

Now, I follow my dealer's advice and add air by eyeball until the tires look right. Fortunately, I've only had one low tire at a time. There's not much air pressure in the rear tires (about 10 lbs). I move the tractor until the valve is at the top of the tire. I attach a Walmart hand air pump (also difficult and inconvenient to attach, but not hard to pump when attached) and pump up a couple of strokes at a time until the tires look right. Occasionally, I will attempt to verify the results with the Milton tractor tire gauge.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

It seems the R4 tires are pretty stiff compared to the R1 tires I am used to having. These tires have 10psi, checked with 3 different guages but notice how tall these stand up when the implement is lowered. While not loaded with fluid I still have 330#s of weight on each wheel. I don't have traction problems but I attribute that to the mostly dry soil conditions in my locale. If I were in the deep south it would be a big issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -001-jpg   -landplane-002-triple-weights-jpg  

Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by seacap04 View Post
    How do you ck air pressure in loaded tires without filling pressure guage with rim guard? I rotate tires till stem is at top of tire.
    Get a dial gauge. They are driven by a Bourdon tube. Such has no problem with liquid. Even so, with CaCl there could be corrosion issues which would benefit from rinseout by repeated measurement of water pressure after each use on the salt. Other tire solutions are MUCH less corrosive. ... but you should always be alert to the possible formation of crystals as a solution drys. Rinse is good.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL

I use a dial guage and they are filled w/Rim Guard. I have R4s. I do not have any apparent "leak" issues. Just Time to think about putting chains on. I usually lower air pressure 5psi to make it easier. Then fill tires evenly till tight chains and about 30psi. I should have thought of trying a blast of air in or out. I will try that. I ship out so my posts may cover some time. Thanks all
    Don
    Kioti DK45 SE HST/401 FEL, 7 ft landscape rake, 4 ft QA forks, 7' Fisher snowplow converted to QA, Satoh Bull 630D w/fel (being restored) JD 317, mower, tiller

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

valve stem at the top.

either hit the valve with a nail to clear it.. or puff a lil air in to clear it. both will clear the residue in the body of the stem.. I prefer puffing a lil air in.. etc..

then use you gauge.

works both ways..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast