Tire chain recommendations?

/ Tire chain recommendations? #1  

zlock24

Silver Member
Tractor
jd 445, kubota bx1500,wheel horse c-160, wheel horse h-520
what do all you experts of TBN recommend as a good set of tire chains. I need a set for my 2wd '84 f-150. I was thinking tire chains instead of studs because my 2-mile long access road to the main state route usually has has packed ice from mid December through late February, plus I could use them in spring/summer in the mud out in the fields. So what is the best all around tire chains? and what is recommend for the best style of tensioners?

/ Tire chain recommendations? #2  
I've used the diamond pattern from peerless, I had great results. I broke one link spinning at the crest of a hill once but that was showing off my stupidity. I've also ran them a 120km/h on a frozen lake going to the cottage(again stupid) but the held tight. They've improved their tensioners now too. I have the old red chain through the hoop with the short bungee design. Installing was simple to do without moving the truck. Just re tension after a few hundred feet.

/ Tire chain recommendations? #3  
I use cam locks install the chains and twist the cams to tighten them down piece of cake!! I run a bungy cord from cam to cam to keep them from coming open after I tighten them!