Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI DK50 HST

Default Re: Which tire chain style?

Duos will shake you out of the cab. I have 2 link V-bar ladders and pulled them off because of vibration going down the road. If you were just plowing and working around the yard thay would be fine. I just deal with the frontend pushing or sliding. The rears are chained and I have no problem with traction. I may try standard 2 link ladders on the front but have not got there yet. CJ
    Kioti DK50HST Cab
    401 FEL
    Saws, 338xp,346xp mod,372xp mod, 390xp, Stihl combi 130 trimmer.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by sqdqo View Post
    I am on gravel, now hard packed snow & ice. I am putting a 9' hyrdo blade on the loader and am afraid I won't be able to steer with the blade pushing the front end around especially when angled. The road is 2-1/2 miles long. Too long to use the 3 pt blower on, I don't want any chiropracter bills. I was hoping just chaining the front end would be adequate as I can't afford rear chains right now. But I don't want to damage the front end either.
    One thing you might consider is a pull-type rear blower.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    These are working well for me. Not cheap new but I scored these off Craigslist.
    How do those chains ride at speed 10 - 15 mph are they better than the duo grips

Dave

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by xring100 View Post
    How do those chains ride at speed 10 - 15 mph are they better than the duo grips

Dave
    I have never driven a machine with duo grips so can't compare. The one time I had mine out on the town road the road was a mass or frozen ruts so running in high gear was not an option. I am sure they are a world better then the ring stye Canadian chains I had on my previous tractor. Those were like riding on an eight sided solid wheel.

I have Duo-grips on the rear and 4-link with V-bar on the front. Works well for me, the ride's a bit rough on hard stuff but fine on snowpack and irrelevant at the speeds I use for blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by vtsnowedin View Post
    These are working well for me. Not cheap new but I scored these off Craigslist.
    Not that it makes much of a difference but it looks like you have the Tellesfdal Super chains. The importer is over in NH. I got the exact same chains from a Kubota dealer up near Irasburg. The salesman passes through the area once a week and will drop them off to the dealer for free. If you ever need a part you should be able to get it real easy.
    http://www.tooriistamarket.ee/files/..._jaaketjut.pdf
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    Not that it makes much of a difference but it looks like you have the Tellesfdal Super chains. The importer is over in NH. I got the exact same chains from a Kubota dealer up near Irasburg. The salesman passes through the area once a week and will drop them off to the dealer for free. If you ever need a part you should be able to get it real easy.
    http://www.tooriistamarket.ee/files/..._jaaketjut.pdf
    They very well could be. I bought them used without tags or instructions. As you say though not much difference. Shoppers should check them both for price etc.
    Studded Aquiline Ice Chains

I don't know if it's just the New England area or wider but having the salesman drop them off made the difference. If I remember correctly the crate weighed over 200lbs.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12