Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Default Re: I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains

This past weekend and week was pretty warm. I had been using the tractor to bring wood up from the back. The paths were real muddy and I didn't want to deal with the chains and snowblower in those conditions.

It is kind of in between Winter and Spring.... It's 51 degrees today.

It's funny how far off the weather forecast was. For weeks there were big storms coming and they ended up as a little rain. This time it went the other way.

Tractor
    Kubota's

We get a good wet snow in April most every year in north Iowa.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD4300

[QUOTE=billrjr;3224833]This past weekend and week was pretty warm. I had been using the tractor to bring wood up from the back. The paths were real muddy and I didn't want to deal with the chains and snowblower in those conditions.

Those are the conditions that we need chains up here. Mine will stay on until middle of May or later...
    I used the back blade and ATV to clear snow all winter, 800' of hilly gravel drive. Finally installed blower about the first of March for a 12" dump then removed it a week later after blowing some of the sides back into the bush.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by whistlepig View Post
    I live in southwest Ohio. We had 8" of snow this past Wednesday am. I don't consider March a winter month in our area. But I don't consider it as spring month either.
    I never trusted March. Last year at this date we did not have a speck of snow left and it was 70 degrees. Right now there are still dirty snowbanks all over the place, it's 9 degrees and there's a snowstorm warning in effect for tonight until Tuesday night, up to 15 inches. That's why I never take anything off my tractors until mid and even late April even though snow in Maine during April is not as common as it is in the Midwest sometimes.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by billrjr View Post
    This past weekend and week was pretty warm. I had been using the tractor to bring wood up from the back. The paths were real muddy and I didn't want to deal with the chains and snowblower in those conditions.

It's funny how far off the weather forecast was. For weeks there were big storms coming and they ended up as a little rain. This time it went the other way.
    I think weather is harder to predict in southern New England and coastal areas. Up here we get most of our weather moving in from the southwest via the Great Lakes and the St Lawrence valley, it's usually easier to forecast because they see it coming days in advance. We do get the odd oceanic storm on those rare occasions we have easterlies but it doesn't happen every year.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by billrjr View Post

I hope you left the winter gear on this time. Looks like we are going to need it tomorrow.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor
    kubotabx2360

Well, my back blade goes back on today. Luckily I still have the chains on. I went to Lake Placid, NY yesterday and noticed dozens of deer grazing on the exposed banks of the Northway. I could have guessed we were in for another storm. At least I have the means to tame it.

Tractor
    CK20 HST

I was tempted last week... But we are expecting 15 inches for Wednesday! In the picture, you can almost see gravel and grass. Usually it's a sure sign of spring, but I guess these old rules doesn't work anymore.
    Phil

-p1010886-jpg
    Phil

Tractor
    Kubota B2320

So.... I took off the snowblower again yesterday. I was helping my dad get wood.

Now the forecast says 3-6 inches. It should be fine with the plow and bucket but we'll have to see if there are any supernatural forces at work. People are saying that the impending snow is somehow my fault.....

Tractor
    JD 4105. 375 Backhoe. 2005 Polaris Ranger

Should have tuned in to Scott Haney

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast