Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti ck20

Default Re: I Already Took Off the Snowblower and Tire Chains

Around here we get snow most years all the way past april. No way I'm taking the blower off till middle of may.
    Phil. from Mass.
    2006 Kioti ck20 with 425 hours
    New to me 2011 K120 loader

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

Chains off yesterday...... But it's snowing today and suppose to snow or rain clear thru Sunday. Oh Well, I've had enough of that fun. It probably won't be all that much and will melt on its own......says I.
    Kubota B2620 HST

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    Chains off yesterday...... But it's snowing today and suppose to snow or rain clear thru Sunday. Oh Well, I've had enough of that fun. It probably won't be all that much and will melt on its own......says I.
    Wishfull thinking is a Spring tradition here as well

Taking the oppurtunity here to warn my fellow easterners, as hinted by our friend in Kansas there is another major storm on the way. Could be rain.... could be snow. Lots of snow. Look at that monster on the NWS SAT pics or Accuweather on your phone, that bugger is huge.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Everyone...go ahead and take the chains and blades and blowers off. It no longer matters.

It is so late in the season and the sun is so high in the sky that snow can't stay very long anyway. It's here today and gone tomorrow. And the fact is, you do more harm trying to plow snow with soft dirt underneath than with just letting it melt the way nature intended. OK---maybe once in ten years you get a whopper of a spring storm and so what? It gives you something to tell the grandchildren about if you are lucky enough to wind up old and gray and lucky enough to have grandchildren.

Winter is on the wane and not a one of us can stop it. On to Spring.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Kioti DK45SE hst cab

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Everyone...go ahead and take the chains and blades and blowers off. It no longer matters.

It is so late in the season and the sun is so high in the sky that snow can't stay very long anyway. It's here today and gone tomorrow. And the fact is, you do more harm trying to plow snow with soft dirt underneath than with just letting it melt the way nature intended. OK---maybe once in ten years you get a whopper of a spring storm and so what? It gives you something to tell the grandchildren about if you are lucky enough to wind up old and gray and lucky enough to have grandchildren.

yup, thats why mine came off. the ground is too thawed to even think about plowing much less use chains
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kioti DS3510

HA!HA!HA!....tell that to the 30' deep and 8' tall stacks of snow still in my backyard, frontyard, sideyard...........

Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X500

Sir yes sir! Took them off today.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    '09 JD 5105M Cab & '05 JD 4720 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Buckgnarly View Post
    HA!HA!HA!....tell that to the 30' deep and 8' tall stacks of snow still in my backyard, frontyard, sideyard...........
    Yup, clearly those fellas live nowhere near here

I did blow a lot of dirt today, can't avoid just part of the job. Whenever possible I try to avoid using the blower and keep to the pusher (bonus to customers: grades potholes out of dirt driveway) but I often have little choice.
    JD 5105M & JD 4720 Cabbies w. Shoule reversible snow blade/Shoule rear snowblower; Pronovost blower; backhoe and some attachments I have no idea what they are for.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by Karl2 View Post
    Yup, clearly those fellas live nowhere near here---(Maine)

I did blow a lot of dirt today, can't avoid just part of the job. Whenever possible I try to avoid using the blower and keep to the pusher (bonus to customers: grades potholes out of dirt driveway) but I often have little choice.
    Yeah, but I spent 25 years in the Newport to Houlton, Maine snow belt and dealt with the big storms all the time. Plowed out my farm and a neighbor so I know the drill. If snow piles are cleaned up it worked for me to just do the absolute minimum for the spring storms. It took about 20 years of trying differnt methods to come to that conclusion but whatever works and Maine was my proving ground. If you were on pavement or hard gravel, plowing would work. I was not so fortunate.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    John Deere 2520

Spring might be near, but this morning was still -31'C. On the plus side it was -4'C in the afternoon and sunny.
    There is 6-8" of snow forecast in the next day or two

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet
    2007 F150 SCab 4X4
    2011 JD 2520
    Box blade, MMM, FEL, Landscape rake, PHD, Rear Snow blower, Rototiller, 50 year old 8 foot disc
    Sylvan 2520 Pontoon Boat
    Honda 919

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast