Tire scraper?

/ Tire scraper? #1  

catdozer

Platinum Member
Tractor
john deere
Well i now have a large loader tire that blew out on us and now going to use that tire to make a tire scraper. Its a 23.5-25 bias tire. Im going to make pushable with a skidsteer and pullable with a 3 point. Looking for ideas on their frame ive seen a few online but seeing if anyone else uses them. Mostly they are used for manure but i was thinking it would be good for snow and cleaning up slop on some roads

/ Tire scraper? #2  
If you cut the sidewalls off, then you can unroll the tread for your scaper. Then it could be attached to any straight blade, or even a straight blade with rounded corners.

Using Circumference = πD, you actually can make a pretty long strip.

/ Tire scraper?
If you cut the sidewalls off, then you can unroll the tread for your scaper. Then it could be attached to any straight blade, or even a straight blade with rounded corners.

Using Circumference = πD, you actually can make a pretty long strip.

Well im thinking of cutting it in half to have two scrapers, then cut one side sidewall off to scrape and keep it rounded to collect. Heres a few pictures im thinking about doing.

Last edited:
   / Tire scraper?
Pictures

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130411_101550.png
    ForumRunner_20130411_101550.png
    501.6 KB · Views: 256
  • ForumRunner_20130411_101601.png
    ForumRunner_20130411_101601.png
    835.4 KB · Views: 247
  • scraper1.jpg.jpeg
    scraper1.jpg.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 218
   / Tire scraper? #5  
I'm a pretty handy guy, and I can do just about anything out in the garage, but, HOW IN THE **** DID YOU CUT THAT TIRE???!!!

/ Tire scraper? #7  
I'm a pretty handy guy, and I can do just about anything out in the garage, but, HOW IN THE **** DID YOU CUT THAT TIRE???!!!

A reciprocating saw would do it.

/ Tire scraper? #9  
I've actually tried that, it didn't work for me.

I know the guys at the scrap yard cut tires of aluminum wheels with a reciprocating saw.

/ Tire scraper?
Reciprocating saw or I've seen people use a chainsaw with an old chain.