What have you pulled out of a tire?

/ What have you pulled out of a tire? #1  

MrChris

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215HST
It amazes me what things can somehow randomly penetrate a tire by just driving over it. Pulled this 7/16"x11/4" bolt out of the wife's car tire this morning.

Attachments

• image-390301482.jpg
    image-390301482.jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 294
   / What have you pulled out of a tire? #2  
Saw the end of a plastic handled screw driver embeded in a truck tire once. It looked like it went straight in.
The foam filled front tires that came on my MF had a two or large nailes in them. I suspect someone drove them in there to demonstrate that the goo inside worked.

/ What have you pulled out of a tire? #3  
I once removed a peice of bone from inside a tire. It was about 3" long and 5/16"diameter ,must have been racoon/skunk? Just suprised it didn't just splinter ,but it penetrated intact.

/ What have you pulled out of a tire? #4  
i pulled a 6 inch long surveyers plumb bob out of my dump truck tire once. Needless to say a plug didnt fix it.

/ What have you pulled out of a tire? #5  
A chunk of a flint rock. about 1.5 inches long and razor sharp. A Dozer was driving over the roadway on a construction project and left some shards of rock on the roadway, I ran over one, and the tire was flat in seconds. Went right thru the tread like a knife.

James K0UA

/ What have you pulled out of a tire? #6  
Pulled the whole shank of a rusty screwdriver out of my tire 2 years ago. It punctured the tire and actually dimpled the rim and put a hole in it. JB weld fixed the rim, but I had to get a new tire .

/ What have you pulled out of a tire? #7  
My wife took her toyota to the dealer saying the tire had a slow leak. They called said everything was fine come pick it up. She drove home on the freeway, next day flat again. Took it to a tire dealer they pulled out an 6" spike. You can bet I went to the dealer and gave the manager a tongue lashing. How dare they not find that spike and let my wife drive home on the freeway.

/ What have you pulled out of a tire? #8  
A spoon...

No lie - went through the sidewall and ruined the tire...

/ What have you pulled out of a tire? #10  
a craftsman box end 1/2-9/16" wrench that went through the tread on the side and didn't make the tire flat, just made a strange thump that we had difficulty trying to identify. Hard way to get a collection of wrenches!!