Heaviest load rated 17" tire?

/ Heaviest load rated 17" tire? #21  
Having towed tens of thousands of miles with several trucks and trailers I can tell you with 100% certainty that if you get near the max rated load on tires they will blow given enough time and 100 degree + days make it even more likely. I f you can get beefier tires where you are only at 50% of load rating or so they will last forever.

If I was going to buy different wheels I would just get 19.5's and be done with it but I don't want to spend that much now.

I gave up on my search and just bought some more regular E-rated tires.

I believe you and not picking a fight. I guess I have never loaded my F250 to that extreme to where I had tire failures.

/ Heaviest load rated 17" tire? #22  
100+ degree days in a dry state like Texas where the solar load on the asphalt is very high - you will lose a tire now and then. I have lost a tire on a car with almost nothing in it just due to heat. Under these conditions the road is often 130+ degrees - very hard on tires. The two things you can do are obviously reduced load but even more important is reduced speed on the really hot days.

/ Heaviest load rated 17" tire? #23  
You can convert 3/4 ton pickups to duallys, but it may mean a new axle, bed, and etc. Perhaps best to trade them in.

Ford puts a narrow axle on their Dually trucks, and a wide axle on their Dually pickups.

With some mods to the fender wells, perhaps you could fit the narrow dually axles on the pickups with only adding fender flares. That is, if you don't need the full width bed.

With the narrow axles also comes narrower frame width on the C&C trucks. The shorter axle would not work on a pickup.

/ Heaviest load rated 17" tire? #24  
Blowouts are caused by heat building up in tires when the carcass has to flex too much, like under pressure or overloaded. The brakes are designed within limits too. Getting the right tongue weight with your tow vehicle and trailers combo is important. If two dudes weighing 400lbs total standing on the bumper can drop the bumper 2 inches, then your spring rate is 200/lbs per inch. When you attach your trailer how many inches does it drop? You can estimate that weight without a scale. Too much tongue weight make it difficult to steer and overloads the rear axle. Too little weight makes the trailer weave at speed. I've pulled 7000 lbs with a 1/4 ton and about 400lbs tongue weight. Once.

/ Heaviest load rated 17" tire? #25  
The reality is if you are running at 90-95% max load a lot, things are going to wear out faster. There is no getting around it.

You might want to get ACTUAL weight on each tire and axle, & tongue weight on your trailer. Might be you are exceeding capacity slightly, & I would also imagine you need to derate for such high temps.

Other things you can do is leave earlier and later, & avoid the hours of 1500-1900 .
Also, drive slower, high speed generates more heat. Instead of 75MPH, drive 60.

One last thought is to run some water line to the tires with say a used windshield washer pump and spray the tires to cool them down. I can just imagine a Rube Goldberg type setup