tractor tire bead breaker

/ tractor tire bead breaker #1  

augercreek

Tractor
f12 farmall100,h
After searching the forums and not finding what I was looking for so here goes.I need to change out a few tires on my tractors and was wondering if any of you all have made a bead breaker?
Your brother in Christ Jerry

/ tractor tire bead breaker #2  
I would look at Gemplers. I have seen them on their website.

/ tractor tire bead breaker #3  
I have built a few.

If you want something easy use the bucket of a FEL, if you don't have one of them, try a section of steel and something heavy that you can drive up on it.

They get more complex after that.

Attachments

• IMAG0729.jpg
    IMAG0729.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 2,007
   / tractor tire bead breaker #5  
I broke down tires on an old JD B by carefully driving onto the the tire, along the side of the rim, with the front tire of a pickup.. If you need to, you can use a big wide board as a ramp to get the truck tire up onto the tractor tire. I have done the same thing to a tire on the back of my JD 2240, twice, same rim. Lay the tire/rim down flat, remove the valve, and smear some soapy water onto the bead area to help once she starts coming off.

/ tractor tire bead breaker
Thanks guys for the ideas!

/ tractor tire bead breaker #7  
The trick to breaking down a tire bead is to use a lubricant. I like to use kerosene, diesel fuel or mineral spirits.
Once the lub works into the bead area the bead can slide down.
Another thing to look out for is some rims have a right side and a wrong side to remove the tire.
How to tell is the center area of the rim gives the tire room to come off the rim. If the center area is offset you need to remove the tire from the side where the dip is closest to the bead.
The best tool for tire beads is the "Duckbill Hammer" that tire people use! And you MUST have good aim!

/ tractor tire bead breaker #8  
I find that dealing with rear tractor tires is to leave the rim on the tractor and vertical, you do not have deal with the weight in the same way.

as this page explains Changing a Tractor Tire - Dismounting | Gempler's

I have tried many of the other de beaders and have very little luck with most, unless it brand new tire and rim and had not been mounted only for a short time.

mounting Changing a Tractor Tire - Mounting | Gempler's

Liquid ballast Changing a Tractor Tire - Liquid Ballast | Gempler's

Safety Changing a Tractor Tire - Tire Safety | Gempler's

/ tractor tire bead breaker #9  
one more hint, if tubes and poor condition rims, one can take duct tape and wrap the rim to protect the tube.

/ tractor tire bead breaker
Thanks fellows,I like the Gemplers instructions.Saves alot of lifting!