Tire help

/ Tire help #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Tire gurus

I got a flat due to a nail. Not a big deal. Patched my tube and I am good to go, tire hold air. But noticed my tires are pretty beat up. Many abrasions some pretty rough and deep. I also have some cracks in the voids of the tread which I think are due to over inflation, tires had 50 psi in then till the first service which I then lower to spec of 20 psi. So I'm thinking and planning ahead to replacement. If all goes well my rear tires will out last my front tires. So I'll be matching with my rears.

I would very much like a front tire that does not do so much "damage", more of a floatation type tire. Also would like to have the tire hold up (not look flat) with a full load in my bucket. I would even like to go with an industrial tire in the front if possible. I have R1 all the way around. I am also aware of the lead/lag factor in tractors, that is kinda why I'm asking.

Tire specs:
Firestone All traction Field & Road 9.5-16 R1 (F151A was just above the tire size, part of the tires casting, not "branded" like a DOT number)

Rim spec 16Xw8 welded not riveted so tubeless can be used?

Any suggestion? If not who do I call?

Thanks!!

/ Tire help #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( would like to have the tire hold up (not look flat) with a full load in my bucket. )</font>

My Firestone fronts are slightly bigger than those... but they are 6 ply... Go with as many ply as what's available and maintain 20-30 psi (or max the mfr specs) in the fronts during constant loader work... and reduce when not...

Otherwise, it would be tough to find an industrial tire size/wheel for the front with ag's on the rears and keep the proper lead/lag ratio...

/ Tire help
I found a tire that would work very nicely Michelin XM27. They are 2.25" wider over all. Have a .25" smaller rolling circumference. The loaded radius is smaller by 0.6". The XM27 is wider than my originals but are approved for my w8 rims.

The xm27 is a radial. My rears are bias. Any issues with mixing radial and bias. I know radial have better traction so this would mean more stress on the front driveline?

So I called for a price on the XM27....... $390 each /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Must be one heck of a tire!

/ Tire help #5  
Worked for me this morning and I just tried from the computer in my shop and it works here too in the afternoon... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wonder what the difference is??

/ Tire help
New Haven Tire, in New Haven VT. Is Pete's better? Any other places to check?

Do you have any comments on mixing radials in the front with bais in the rear.

Thanks