Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size

/ Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size #1  

willt1981

I have a New Holland TN-60A with 11.2R20 R1 Ag Tires on the front. I stuck a t-post through the sidewall of one last year. It still had about half tread left but the damage was so bad I figured that I'd get a new one. When I called around no one seemed to think I was telling them the right size. Most promised to call me back but never did. I was getting desperate so I decided to boot and tube the thing to get going again. I took it to a shop that did the work and I asked them about a new one. The only one they could find was in Colorado and cost $620. This is a front tire mind you... I've asked around and have never seen one cheaper than $500. Today (about a year after the original repair) the tube got a hole in it. Now no one seems to be able to even get me a tube to fit the thing. Does anyone have a secret spot where you can get these tires? New Holland is still selling them new with this size so I can't be the only one out there with this problem. A friend of mine just put a new set of 11.2R24 on his and they were only $200 each. There has to be somewhere to get these tires. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size #2  
I did a quick search and came up with a metric equivalent of 280/85R20. Maybe that can help in your quest.

/ Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size #3  
Call New Holland and ask to speak to someone in purchasing/engineering. Simply asking the right person - they can give you their supplier.

/ Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size #4  
Goodyear (name brand for Titan) can give you their equivalent 300/70R20 for the amazingly low price of $1,026 list. Actually it is hard to believe you can find a radial this size from a reputable manufacturer for $200.

/ Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size
It's just hard to believe that new front tires could cost over $2k. I called a local new holland dealer yesterday right at five to ask them if they could suggest somewhere. I had to leave a message so we'll see if they're helpful. There's no way they're paying that price to put these tires on the new tractors.

/ Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size #6  
google is your friend! I just googled "11.2R20" and there were pages of dealers...

/ Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size
Call New Holland and ask to speak to someone in purchasing/engineering. Simply asking the right person - they can give you their supplier.

The New Holland dealer called me back today. $329 each and they can have them next day. The markup from these other dealers and websites seems criminal.

/ Odd Ball New Holland Tire Size #8  
Glad the NH dealer can get them. My NH dealer refers all tire work to local tire shops that specialize in truck tires. But tire prices have gone up in last few years. I paid $150-ish about 3 years ago for front R16 tire, and $250-ish for same tire two months ago. The front tires take a beating.

The advice that helps the most is to always put weight on the back end of your tractor, like a box scraper, which reduces wear on the front tires. We use our loader a lot, and without weight in the back, the front tires take all the load and wear out quickly and get cuts and nicks very easy under heavy loads. Those front tires are much less prone to cuts when weight is more evenly distributed.