Large R1 Rear Tire chains Good Options

/ Large R1 Rear Tire chains Good Options #31  
The front never dragged the tractor, but when hitting a "good solid iced pack tough chunk" it will correct with ease the desired trajectory! I keep asking my dealer: "any danger for the front axel?" and he keeps on telling me: "no it is design to take it..." The real bonus you can go absolute anywhere on your land with those chained tires, getting stuck is for spring time only!

That is about how I feel with mine on just the rears. Seams like you could climb straight up two trees if you could find a pair the right distance apart. I havent tried any front chains as of yet but I have several sets of pickup chains I could make up into a set for the fronts if conditions warrented. I suppose I should do the fitting and have them hanging on a hook to save time when I really need them.

/ Large R1 Rear Tire chains Good Options
I don't think they mean you can't tow with your tractor. They mean don't use the actual chains to hook to two vehicles for pulling. They are made for driving on not pulling.

WOW. You just blew me away. I had not even considered that! I don't mean to sound like a smarta*# but, why in the world would you spend that kind of money on tire chains, and then hook them between two vehicles to tow one of them? I think it would make me pretty ill to see someone doing that unless it was a life and death situation. I guess companies have to account for all of the loose wing nuts out there.

/ Large R1 Rear Tire chains Good Options #33  
WOW. You just blew me away. I had not even considered that! I don't mean to sound like a smarta*# but, why in the world would you spend that kind of money on tire chains, and then hook them between two vehicles to tow one of them? I think it would make me pretty ill to see someone doing that unless it was a life and death situation. I guess companies have to account for all of the loose wing nuts out there.

I could definitely see some people in my neck of the woods taking a tire chain off to drag someone out of a ditch or whatnot. Never seen it happen, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Large R1 Rear Tire chains Good Options #34  
I could definitely see some people in my neck of the woods taking a tire chain off to drag someone out of a ditch or whatnot. Never seen it happen, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah, I could see that. When some people get stuck, especially at night, they seem to just get whacky. Last year we recovered a stuck pick up driven by some young guys who were out for a scenic drive in the middle of winter (I think it was in the high teens) with no jackets, hats, or gloves. They slid off the road into a big ditch, then started freakin out.

Well, if you have nothing else laying in the bed I guess I could see that. I still couldn't see someone who spent a couple hundred bucks for tire chains pulling them out (why they wouldn't be on the tractor in the first place?) to pull on something. A good ole tow strap (or transport chain for a last resort) would be my first reach. I continue to be amazed at the intelligence of our species sometimes let alone the manufacturer who has to state to not use their product in that manner.

/ Large R1 Rear Tire chains Good Options #36  
You have to be a pretty strong dude RNR if you carried 248# across a parking lot. In my younger days I once carried 3 bags of cement (80#'s per) cradled in my arms about 60' to the truck but I lifted heavy weight all day long being a logger but still had everything to do to get them there. For you to carry that weight across a parking lot was quite the feat! Let us know how you like the chains. Personally i always thought they'd be your best choice but the swelling from the initial expenditure was going to be great.

Well, I don't mean a wal-mart parking lot, I think our lot, is about 120x220 or so. I was seriously regretting my decision to carry them once I got started into the walk, thats for sure.

IMG-20130220-00064.jpgIMG-20130220-00063.jpg
I did have a slight problem with the tire chain tool I got from tirechains.com though when I was modifying my duo-grips for the front tires)

AS far as the chains performance goes, I really like them. The only time I need to use my 4wd is when I'm trying to turn uphill and the front tires are just pushing snow/mud. The pain is subsiding from the initial layout though since they work so well. I even tore up the ice in the driveway a little bit with them to help it melt down a bit faster to.