Tire Choices

/ Tire Choices #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I'm about to pull the trigger on some new tires for my 2500hd. I'm currently running Goodyear Dura Tracs and previously had Toyo Open Country AT's.
I find myself doing more highway miles so the Dura Tracs are going to be my winter tire. I'm torn between BFG All Terrain's, Nitto Terra Grapplers, and the Toyo Open Country At's.
I really want stiff sidewall, which the Open Country's did offer. I've read reviews of the Terra Grapplers and complaints of low tread life. I'm leaning towards the BFG's but want not sure on the stiffness of them. I'll be running 285/75/R17 on a stock GM rim. I've currently got 285/75/R16 on there now. :confused:

Matt

Last edited:
   / Tire Choices #2  
I have a 2500hd 4x4 and I have ran BF A/Ts. For the price I didn't see the advantage, my 285-75-16 load-E cost around $210 each, and didn't last any longer than far cheaper tires. I have also rab 265-75-16 procomps and they only lasted about 40,000. Right now I've backed down to a 265-75-16 load-D from Sams Club, was only $130 per tire, don't know brand off top of my head, I'm in county truck right now.

/ Tire Choices #3  
I run Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor on my Silverado. Best tire for snow that I've ever used. They last long and are nice and quiet on the highway.

/ Tire Choices #4  
Hands down the best for me has been the Goodyear Dura Tracs. Low noise, good wear, great in mud snow and wet.

Chris

/ Tire Choices #5  
Take a look at the Cooper Discoverer AT3. Don't know about the sidewall stiffness, but I put a set on my Sierra, and they have really worked well for me.

/ Tire Choices #6  
I run Firestone transforce AT's

/ Tire Choices #7  
I just put on a set of Falken Rocky Mountain ATS 10 ply tires and they have been great so far. Very stiff sidewall and the traction in the rain has been good also.

Attachments

• image-4222872843.jpg
    image-4222872843.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 106
   / Tire Choices #8  
Goodyear Pro Grade Silent Armor have served me well for a few years now on my Quad Cab 2500 4 X 4 V10 I use for towing. Quiet on the road and good on the farm.

/ Tire Choices #9  
Michelins tend to wear best for me. I like good years but they would wear much,much faster

/ Tire Choices #10  
Personally have had great success with the Toyo ATs just turned 60000 miles