Tire Selection ground speed

/ ground speed #1  

mac1

Tractor
mf 4610.jd 5325
I have a mf 4610 tractor which has no speedometer only tach. the operator manual only list ground speeds for tractors with 16-9-30 rear tires. my tractor is equipped with 18-4-30 tires. can anyone tell me how to determine ground speeds with this rear tire?

/ ground speed #2  
Multiply the listed ground speeds by 1.047, this is based on the difference in the rolling circumference of standard ag tires.

/ ground speed
thank you for the information.

/ ground speed #4  
OR easier still, just take your GPS unit and a note pad. Operate the tractor in each gear, noting the GPS ground speed and write it down. You can even make a spread sheet at various RPM for each gear and then laminate it and put it on your tractor. Years back, the farm tractors came with a dash chart showing the various speed of each gear at certain RPM. I haven't seen them on any CUT or Utility tractors though.

/ ground speed #5  
OR easier still, just take your GPS unit and a note pad. Operate the tractor in each gear, noting the GPS ground speed and write it down. You can even make a spread sheet at various RPM for each gear and then laminate it and put it on your tractor. Years back, the farm tractors came with a dash chart showing the various speed of each gear at certain RPM. I haven't seen them on any CUT or Utility tractors though.

Great idea! :thumbsup: And for those people without a GPS unit but who have smartphones there's probably an app that will give you a speedometer function.

/ ground speed #6  
Maybe this will help.

ground speed chart.jpg