Flat Proofing Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre

/ Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre #1  

Kubotachen

Tractor
2013 Kubota BX-2350D
Hello from Germany! I have a relatively new Kubota BX-2350D which is now the love of my life. The only problem I've had is that the front right-hand little tyre has a slow leak that leaves it flat after a week or two. I originally thought that it might've been the result of some heavy work which might've wiggled the bead around and let some air out, but I've subsequently performed some tests filling it up a bit over spec whilst it sits in the barn, and it inevitably ends up flat over about two weeks.

I already took a bucket of dish soap and a rag and tried to see if there was a nail hole or something, to no avail. It's perfectly useable, but I first have to use my compressor to fill it up every time I want to use it, and it clearly can't be good to put pressure on the sidewall whilst not in use.

Could it be a wonky valve (and I have to admit that I have no idea whether this is a tubed or tube-less tyre), or should I try some "Fix-A-Flat" on it, or am I doomed to have the dealer install a new tyre when he flatbeds it in for the 60-hour Inspektion?

Apologies for the English as a second language. Can anyone give me some advice? Danke in advance.

/ Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre #2  
Did you check the valve stem for a slow leak ?

Do not use fix a flat.

/ Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre #3  
I would unbolt it from the tractor and throw it in a water tank to find the leak.

/ Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre #4  
I don't know if they sell this in Germany but they must have something similar. I have it in all my off road tires.

SLIME

/ Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre #5  
Here in Newfoundland, Canada we see front tire issues on the BX quite a bit. We simply put a tire tube in the tire and it solves the problem.

/ Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre
Thanks very much for all the tips. I popped off the tyre and dunked it in a construction bucket full of water. It wasn't the valve or a hole on the tread, but there were tiny bubbles coming out of the outside sidewall bead right where it meets the metal wheel rim ... tiny enough to be entirely consistent with the slowness of the leak.

4shorts, my observation is that between the 4WD, the small sidewall profile and the load placed on them by the front-end loader, these tiny tyres have to sustain a lot of physical punishment for their mass. Either that or there could be an imperfection/burr inside the wheel.

I'll have the dealer check it out when I bring it in for 60-hour service, as I simply have to top it up before each use.

/ Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre #7  
Thanks very much for all the tips. I popped off the tyre and dunked it in a construction bucket full of water. It wasn't the valve or a hole on the tread, but there were tiny bubbles coming out of the outside sidewall bead right where it meets the metal wheel rim ... tiny enough to be entirely consistent with the slowness of the leak.

4shorts, my observation is that between the 4WD, the small sidewall profile and the load placed on them by the front-end loader, these tiny tyres have to sustain a lot of physical punishment for their mass. Either that or there could be an imperfection/burr inside the wheel.

I'll have the dealer check it out when I bring it in for 60-hour service, as I simply have to top it up before each use.

I understand what's happening. If you brought it to our dealer they would insert a tube and the problem would be solved. They always have tubes in stock. That being said I always have a spare front wheel here just in case I cut a tire or get a flat on the weekend which happened to me about a month ago. I cut a tire on a rock but because of the spare wheel I could continue and finish my project. Check out 53:42 of our video and see for yourself :D
Good luck and enjoy your tractor.

Last edited:
Great video, and a great-looking place! This was certainly the rock concert to end all rock concerts.

Wish I had the equipment to pull the tyre myself as you did. I also felt like a moron that I used a jack to pull the wheel off this morning when I saw you applied the superior solution of simply using the front-end loader!

P.S. You're about as physically close to Europe as anyone in North America can possibly get ... you could even have a French license plate and use euros if you paddle over to St Pierre and Miquelon!

/ Kubota BX-2350D Front little Tyre #9  
Great video, and a great-looking place! This was certainly the rock concert to end all rock concerts.

Wish I had the equipment to pull the tyre myself as you did. I also felt like a moron that I used a jack to pull the wheel off this morning when I saw you applied the superior solution of simply using the front-end loader!

P.S. You're about as physically close to Europe as anyone in North America can possibly get ... you could even have a French license plate and use euros if you paddle over to St Pierre and Miquelon!

Thank you sir. With the BX25D it's not often you need to use a jack lol. Things like that happen to me too so don't feel to bad. Last year everything on our back property was all trees. There wasn't enough room to get our Kubota 5740 back there so we bought the BX25D and it got it done for us. Great little machines and we're very happy with it. In this video it shows basically how it turned out. We've made a few minor changes but we're having fun using our new space.

We see a little bit of France each day. We are very close to them. Nice people. Yes it's nice to have the tire changer. The spare wheel I had was for the right front so I had to turn the tire around to use it on the left side. It was an easy fix.

I recognize the massive rocks at ten and eleven-o'clock in the YouTube default screen from your earlier construction video! I'd have thought you'd need another period of glaciation to grind those down, but you sussed it on the one by what's now your grill spot! You two are the most charming people, and naturals on video ... you should consider starting a Newfoundland-based husband/wife chat show; regional accents are dying out in many languages (especially English due to TV), so wear yours with pride!

Your observations on the BX are spot on! It's such an amazing piece of equipment. You certainly have the deluxe seat!

I've really enjoyed making your online acquaintance.

P.S. Your "Gasoline Alley" '50s memorabilia collection is stunning!

Last edited: