Found a decent price on tires

/ Found a decent price on tires #1  

Sprinklerman

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 1925 Kubota bx 24
I needed tires for the front of my new holland , searched the net , read recommendations from this site . Best place I found was Amazon . My wife uses it all the time and has the prime so its free shipping . Ther were 14 inch carslile r 4 and were $ 107 each . The price was less than anything before shipping .

/ Found a decent price on tires #2  
Can't remember the post, but I have read that Carlisle were not recognized for being the best when talking longevity... Anyone here with hard evidence about Carlisle tires being sub standard in this regard?
Sprinklerman, I am not trying to spoil your deal here by any means! Just maybe trying to have some good founded opinions from some of our experienced members in this field.
I hope they suite you well, and that they will be everlasting:thumbsup:!

/ Found a decent price on tires #3  
Sprinklerman your post reminded me thst I need new front tires too. I ssearched Amazon for 23x8.50-14 R-4 but not a single listing (14").
I searched the internet and found the tire at Simpletire.com for $70.99+$19.95 shipping. Brand is Titan. I'm mostly on dirt, pretty sure tires will last long enough on dirt.

edit: I "Ordered" the tires but the order would not go thru. I reloaded the shoppingcart and price changed to $109.95 each. I'm not so impressed with simpletire now.

Last edited:
   / Found a decent price on tires #4  
Sprinklerman your post reminded me thst I need new front tires too. I ssearched Amazon for 23x8.50-14 R-4 but not a single listing (14").
I searched the internet and found the tire at Simpletire.com for $70+$20 shipping. Brand is Titan. I'm mostly on dirt, pretty sure tires will last long enough on dirt.
Sodo; I too am looking for r-4s, mine are 8yrs old and has dryrot. 6 holes out sidewall on rear with icicles of rimguard forming, front tires are cracked on sidewalls, they are Carlisle brand what jd put on their at purchase time. thanks jd 50

/ Found a decent price on tires #5  
I've used Titan for rear tires on my backhoe and they stood up as good as any.

/ Found a decent price on tires #6  
Titans are what came on my TC 30 , ( Front and Back ) when I purchased new in 2005 . Still on there . Rears are in pretty Good shape , Fronts have a few patches and one has 2 1/4" plugs in it from large sticks going straight into tire . Tread is a little low on front since I have always had it in 4x4 mode due mostly to steepness of property . No pavement use but lots of Disking , Brush hog mowing and 757C Backhoe work , Over 700 hours worth .

Fred H.

/ Found a decent price on tires #7  
Titans are what came on my TC 30 , ( Front and Back ) when I purchased new in 2005 . Still on there . Rears are in pretty Good shape , Fronts have a few patches and one has 2 1/4" plugs in it from large sticks going straight into tire . Tread is a little low on front since I have always had it in 4x4 mode due mostly to steepness of property . No pavement use but lots of Disking , Brush hog mowing and 757C Backhoe work , Over 700 hours worth .

Fred H.
Fred H. so on your tc 30 bhoe are r-4's correct--- what ply do u think they are? what I am concerned about is the difference in # of plys, mine has 6ply now and I have done pretty much same thing u have except no backhoe on mine, I found brand new take off's in my area but--------- are 14ply!! 8ply more, will these be to stiff to work on steeper fields, I am afraid sidewalls, well whole tire might not want to flex enough with lightweight tractor, oh t would be saving around $300.00 Is it worth the trouble? thanks jim oh-8 yrs old and 800 hrs., and Carlisle brand

/ Found a decent price on tires #8  
If Freds getting 2-1/4" holes he's the one who needs 14 ply! :D

I am wondering about #of plys too, wonder what's recommended for a Kubota B-series (my B2710 is 100 miles away at the moment)

/ Found a decent price on tires
Can't remember the post, but I have read that Carlisle were not recognized for being the best when talking longevity... Anyone here with hard evidence about Carlisle tires being sub standard in this regard?
Sprinklerman, I am not trying to spoil your deal here by any means! Just maybe trying to have some good founded opinions from some of our experienced members in this field.
I hope they suite you well, and that they will be everlasting:thumbsup:!

Not a problem , I have a kubota bx 24 I had to replace the factory r 4 tires after 130 hours , the tractor was 4 years old they werent dry rot , they split alond a seam , they werent carslile ,or titan . Cant remember right now . I never get to wear tires out , something always happens to them before that . I have carsliles on a burkeen vibratory plow they have been fine for the last 10 years and 700 hours .

/ Found a decent price on tires #10  
The Titans on my TC 30 are 6 ply front and rear . Rears are 15 - 19.5 R4's . Did not look at front , Dark and cold out there :ashamed:

Should of wrote that I had 2 holes , each 1/4" in diameter that have plugs , ( Actually one may be larger than 1/4" as it has a plug and a patch ):eek:

They do say made in the U.S. :confused:

Really not sure how much ply's would effect Stiffness of tire . That is a interesting thought that I never considered . Bound to be stiffer I assume , I know I don't run maximum pressure in front or back but don't run minimum either . Thus under loads they don't flatten out but also they are not so stiff with pressure that they get good traction and are wearing pretty even .

Fred H.