Chains WHERE TO BUY TIRE CHAINS?

/ WHERE TO BUY TIRE CHAINS? #1  

Brimfield

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3800
I want to get chains for my 27x8.5-15nhs tires. I can find 4 linik and 2 link but I really want dual link without spending $400 or more. I want chains on the front industrial tires and I wonder if anyone has run 2 link on the front?

/ WHERE TO BUY TIRE CHAINS? #2  
I run DUO's on my DK35's rear 43x16-20 tires with 2-link ladders on the fronts.

My fronts are 27x10-15 compared to your 25x8.50-15. I think the DUO's might be hard to fit and very rough for such small tires. However, there may be some less heavy-duty DUO's available(my rear chains are 9mm) for smaller tires.

I use smaller diameter regular 2-link ladder chains which work well and are cheaper. They also are less aggressive and don't put as much strain on the front end.

I modified an old set of chains as shown in this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...nly-front-chains-post3135822.html#post3135822

Here's a photo of the fronts:

20130131_Chains_Front.JPG

Last edited:
   / WHERE TO BUY TIRE CHAINS? #3  
Tirechains.com is a popular place to get chains on this site, I purchased 4 link v-bars for the front and rear of my TYM 353HST. If you do a google search you can find a few other places to by them.

/ WHERE TO BUY TIRE CHAINS? #4  
I 2nd tire chains.com good price & fast shipping. They're working good in my cub 3205, but if had it to do over id get the heavy duty chains. They're just thicker & bite better

/ WHERE TO BUY TIRE CHAINS? #5  
First, i'd suggest a search. Tire chains are a popular topic on this forum. I have run 2 link v-bars on the L3400 for several years now. Makes that tractor alot better with the R-4's in the snow and ice.

/ WHERE TO BUY TIRE CHAINS?
I run DUO's on my DK35's rear 43x16-20 tires with 2-link ladders on the fronts.

My fronts are 27x10-15 compared to your 25x8.50-14. I think the DUO's might be hard to fit and very rough for such small tires. However, there may be some less heavy-duty DUO's available(my rear chains are 9mm) for smaller tires.

I use smaller diameter regular 2-link ladder chains which work well and are cheaper. They also are less aggressive and don't put as much strain on the front end.

I modified an old set of chains as shown in this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...nly-front-chains-post3135822.html#post3135822

Here's a photo of the fronts:

View attachment 408767

Nice mods on the chains. I致e been to tirechins.com and lots of others via goggle but I can only find two or four link. I did find a nice set of rud Olympia sprints in my size but they are for a truck. Anyone know the difference? I might just end up with two link and try them. As was said in that thread I should really chain all 4 to avoid damage. Spinning around on my driveway today was bad, gotta do something quickly

/ WHERE TO BUY TIRE CHAINS? #8  
Nice mods on the chains. I致e been to tirechins.com and lots of others via goggle but I can only find two or four link. I did find a nice set of rud Olympia sprints in my size but they are for a truck. Anyone know the difference? I might just end up with two link and try them. As was said in that thread I should really chain all 4 to avoid damage. Spinning around on my driveway today was bad, gotta do something quickly

Is there a local supplier you can contact? I had a heck of a time getting chains for my DK35 with R4's due to tight clearance and non-adjustable rims. Luckily, I got my first set of DUO's locally. They were FAR too large and I returned them for no charge or shipping. We then worked to get the ones I have now. I was not happy with them so tightened the pattern as shown in this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/268885-duo-chains-planned-modifications.html

That worked out well again with the local supplier. I was able to get the additional patterns for half the cost of ordering them online. That was a couple of years ago and I just picked up two more patterns yesterday to more completely close the end gap. I'll do that this spring. My local supplier does not actually have the chains, but we get them from another branch who does all their chain work. So I work through that branch and get free shipping as long as I wait a few days so it goes with their normal inter-branch shipments.

You may also have luck looking for skid steer chains. For my front chains, I was going to order square link, 2-link ladders as specified by CanadianChains.Com in their skid steer section. Luckily, I looked up the pattern in the Quality Chain catalogue and found the recommended chains would never have fit on my tractor. The cross chains were too long and would have interfered with the tractor frame. That's when I got the old chains that a friend had given me and modified them for the fronts. They were actually much too wide, 4-link ladders which fit on the rear but got lost in the lugs and were ineffective(so I bought the DUO's). I was able to shorten the cross chains and there were enough of them to fill in for 2-link ladders for the smaller front tires. My front chains are very worn from who ever originally had them, but they work fine for the fronts and make a huge difference.

I think the truck chains will work well for your fronts and it may be a good idea to have something not too aggressive on the fronts. The ones I modified for front chains are much thinner chains(5/16"?) than my rear DUO's (which I think are 10mm ~= 3/8").

Again, if you have a local supplier who provides rigging, chains, etc for trucking, logging, industrial users, they may be able to help. My supplier buys drums of bulk chain and makes them to order.