R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours

/ R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours #1  

vtwinhd

Tractor
Kubota L3901
So I purchased a brand new L3901 about a month and a half ago. I now have 25 hours on it and I've all ready been stuck more than a few times. All but once I've been able to un stuck myself using the loader, except for today that didn't work so I attempted to use my 4wd Silverado to pull out the tractor and even that got stuck. Long story short, the neighbor came to pull my truck and tractor out with his little 20 HP old ford tractor with R1 tires, no problem at all. My 3901 came from the dealer with R4's. My ignorance and the dealer failing to educate me on my options sent me on my way 25K poorer with a tractor with tires that don't suit my need. I have a very hilly property and I plan on using the tractor in the pretty muddy areas and working a few ground engaging implements. I don't really care about tearing up the grass a little. I plan to head to the dealer and seeing if they can switch me out for the R1's. Anyone have a similar experience? Anyone have an idea what a full set of R1's cost? Anyone think the dealer with switch them out for me at no cost since the tractor is basically still new. By the way I have added almost 800 lbs of Ballast to the 3pt for loader work, which does help, but the traction issue is still an issue.

/ R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours #2  
To change to ag tires, you will also need to change wheels. You will need 7-16 on front & 11.2-24 on back. For more info, call 800-621-1955, Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm EST>

/ R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours #3  
at no cost, no

/ R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours #4  
There is a lot more to getting stuck and unstuck than tires, but R1s would be better in mud for sure. The R4 tires would have cost more new, so maybe the dealer can switch them out for R1s and let the cost difference help cover his labor/trouble. Otherwise, I doubt they'd do it for free, since there will be a labor expense and it's not their fault really. It's up to you make tire decisions at the time of purchase, and I don't think the dealer should be on the hook for that.

/ R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours
I agree with you its definitely not the dealers fault. I just hope they are willing to work with me a bit.

/ R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours #6  
If my r1's weren't wore as bad as they are, I'd trade you.

Well I talked to the dealer and they are going to come pick up the tractor and switch them out for me for free. I tell ya, that's some **** great customer service.

/ R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours #8  
A lot of experience folks are having with different tires R1/R3/R4 has something to do with tractor weight and the different tread patterns that are on each of the three types. For instance, some R3 turfs have larger lugs with wider spacing between them, whilst others are small closely spaced lugs... So, don't be quick to condem any type of tire, it is a personall choice for each op and each condition...

/ R4 for R1's L3901 new only 25 hours #9  
Well I talked to the dealer and they are going to come pick up the tractor and switch them out for me for free. I tell ya, that's some **** great customer service.

That's great -- I figured with the cost difference, it's no skin off their back to make a switch for you. The pickup/delivery is good customer service though.

I couldn't be more pleased with the experience I've have with my dealer. I won't drop any names but it's in Wellington, OH.