BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread)

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #1  

jbos333

Bronze Member
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on BKT vs. Titan Ag rears 16.9x28?

The dealer says Titans will cost $150 more per tire, that was what was on the tractor originally. The BKT's look aggressive enough, I'm wondering about treadwear.

The tractor sees dirt/mud most of the time but pavement maybe 40% of the time.

Thanks.

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #2  
I have BKTs on my Massey. I've been very pleased and have heard good things about this brand. Too new to evaluate wear over long term.

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #3  
There have been several threads on NewAgTalk about BKT tires. Several users with enough time and hours of use to answer your question. The short version is most are very happy for the value BKT provides. They are at least as good a tire as Titan. Not as highly regarded as Michelin or Firestone, but not as pricey either.

Viewing a forum - Machinery Talk

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #4  
I found and this is not always true but usually BKT tires are slightly smaller in height than an equal numbered tire from another manufacturer. On a 38" tire it can be several inches smaller in height.

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #5  
I found and this is not always true but usually BKT tires are slightly smaller in height than an equal numbered tire from another manufacturer. On a 38" tire it can be several inches smaller in height.
Do mfgs generally make available rolling circumferences for their tires. I want to put wider tires on the front of the 7520 4wd. With a slightly lower profile characteristic as BKT exhibits? I may be able to go from Titan 11.2x24 to 12.4 BKT w/o much increase in circumference. ... Firestone SAT II tires seem to have a slightly lower profile too.
larry

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #6  
I would buy the Titan's for that little of a difference. Many times you get what you pay for. You could save a few hundred now, but maybe the rubber breaks down and starts cracking way sooner.

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #7  
I would buy the Titan's for that little of a difference. Many times you get what you pay for. You could save a few hundred now, but maybe the rubber breaks down and starts cracking way sooner.

Normally I'd agree with that sentiment, but Titan's reputation isn't all that great.

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #8  
My bx 24 came with BKT tires , r4 . Now they are little tires in the front , but the sidewall split at a seam not one but both . The tractor was 3 years old with 150 hours and was under cover . The back tires are fine so far . i replaced the fronts with carslile .

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #9  
My bx 24 came with BKT tires , r4 . Now they are little tires in the front , but the sidewall split at a seam not one but both . The tractor was 3 years old with 150 hours and was under cover . The back tires are fine so far . i replaced the fronts with carslile .

Out of the pan, into the fire.

/ BKT tires vs. Titan (Ag tread) #10  
I have BKT on a Ford 4610. They have been on there about 5 years and are good tires.

I have another with Titans and they have been good too.

When I bought my Case Farmall 95 it came with goodyear radials. They are a R-1W. They have 1600 hours on them and still look new. Good traction too.