Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3130 hst

Default Re: Flat Front Tire

Mike . The weather is coming from the WEST ! Looks like your sending it to US ! You can keep my share . Maybe if you talk to your dealer you can get your machine back quick . If not , you can use my Craftsman lawn tractor with 42' blade . [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just promise me you'll burn it when your done !!
    OR!!!! Henro has a spare machine he keeps around for emergencies [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] John

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

this time of the year, it is a mistake to move the snow. It will melt faster if you leave it where it falls. The rest of the week is supposed to be warm. If you pile it up, it will take longer to melt. God put it there, let God take it away. For those that are atheists, Mother Nature put it there, Let Mother Nature take it away.

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

<font color="blue"> Mike . The weather is coming from the WEST ! Looks like your sending it to US ! You can keep my share . Maybe if you talk to your dealer you can get your machine back quick . If not , you can use my Craftsman lawn tractor with 42' blade . Just promise me you'll burn it when your done !!
    OR!!!! Henro has a spare machine he keeps around for emergencies John </font>

John I really think it's Indiana sending the foul stuff our way. Ohio almost always sees the crap of the weather although we missed a lot of the deep stuff this winter.

Anyway the good news is my dealer just called and he's headed this way with my rig. If we get dumped on tomorrow at least I'll be able to deal with it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3130 hst

Junk man . Sound advice ! But I've got to use my tractor to justify it ! I'll just turn the blade backwards and knock off the first 4-6 inches of snow .
    Mike .it's good to hear you'll have your machine back !
    That craftsman mower will still be available if you need something to add to a burn pile ! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] John

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro

Junkman, I agree with leaving it alone if you get a few inches, but this ones dropping 12-16" on our area. Over 8" and I 've got to snow blow or we don't go to work.....

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 4700

I am sure this is a dumb question but I assume when you say the tires are filled with foam that this is a hardening foam like urethane foam. If so, what do you do when the tires wear out? I have worn mine out already so I would hate to have to buy new wheels in addition to tires.

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

You get out the saws-all and start cutting and then you start scrapping. The rims aren't ruined, but it does take some time to clean them enough to install new tires. I don't know if it is possible to install tubes before foaming tires, but if it is, it would make installation of new tires much easier later on. It would be an interesting question to ask the installer if you are considering this option.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4100 HST

Plugs work great as long as the leak is in the main tread area and its a small, round hole like from a nail.

A cut or irregular gash will likely require a patch on the inside.

Any significant damage to the sidewall is probably best repaired with a new tire or maybe by adding a tube.

In a snow emergency, assuming the leak is slow enough - maybe leave the nail in and inflate just prior use and as needed during use.

- Rick

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ( If it is a tractor tire with a tube.. you'll have to remove the tube )
    Yep, I just plain overlooked that; wasn't thinking. )</font>

I've seen both types fronts.. both with and without tubes. Just thought I would mention it. I figured we tag-teamed it. You took the first half.. I came in for the second [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Soundguy

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 7500

Well I fixed the tire, no tubes and fixed it with a plug.
    Now it's time to plow snow!
    Thanks for all the great advice,
    Ray

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12