How much air pressure , max psi ?

/ How much air pressure , max psi ? #1  

bm3

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1635 , JD 3203 , JD 1070
With my JD3203 my front tires are 35psi max , if I keep close to that its a rough ride with a empty bucket and if I have 25 or so psi its a smooth ride but bad with a load . Rear tires are loaded and I keep them around 8 lbs under max and they do well . Like to know what y'all do , lower pressure smooth ride or what ? On my trailer I keep them max when loading and it bounces like the devil after I unload

/ How much air pressure , max psi ? #2  
If my loader is on my front tires are at max pressure. I really don't want the tires coming off the bead by lowering the air pressure so I just slow down a little.

/ How much air pressure , max psi ? #3  
If my loader is on my front tires are at max pressure. I really don't want the tires coming off the bead by lowering the air pressure so I just slow down a little.

Same here. I really don't notice rough ride with the tire pressure maxed. Guess I'm just used to it.
I suppose if one had an onboard air compressor on the tractor you might consider lowering the pressure for a smoother ride knowing you could easily refill them to the max for loader work.

/ How much air pressure , max psi ? #4  
I run as low as is reasonable for me. Have had quasi ruptured discs in the #1 to 5 area and being 6'5 at 250 doesn't help. I have spent a lot of time and money in attempting to get a soft ride. On my 6530, I have a high back, armrested, pressurized air seat, like in 18 wheel trucks. That works great.

In my new 2400 it had 1 large soft coil spring and 2 rubber stops. I pulled out the stops and added 2 more of those large diameter soft springs that I found on a Cub Cadet conventional one day at TSC.....got them off the www for about $6 each......perfect.

On my Fords, I finally got a winning bingo card: The seats are conventional tractor seats with a pair of springs and a shock absorber with a pressure adjusting knob. Been riding those suckers since 1979 and just this past week I got to looking at how to make them softer and thought I'd pull the cotter pin out of the shock absorber shaft. You just aren't going to believe the change if bouncing on the seat is a problem with you. One neat thing about it.........if you don't like the results, just stick the shaft back in the seat hole and reinstall the cotter pin.................gonna betcha you won't. ;)

/ How much air pressure , max psi ? #5  
Just enough to keep the tires on the rim, and carry the load

anything between 15 and 25 psi has always worked for me. Hard tires on a tractor (35psi) just makes no sense at all when it comes to traction.

/ How much air pressure , max psi ? #6  
Hard tires on a tractor (35psi) just makes no sense at all when it comes to traction.

Seems to me that's the secret to radials grip; act somewhat like low pressure bias plies giving you more surface area in contact with the soil.