Need a source for tire valve stems.

/ Need a source for tire valve stems. #1  

Darren

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710, Ford 5600, Case MB4/94, Kubota B6200
The ones I need are brass and have threads at the bottom to screw into the rim. The shank is an octagon. Top is threaded for a regular cap.

As far as I can tell these are an Ag only application. Regular auto and truck parts stores have never seen them. Unfortunately no one sells ag tires in this area so that's not an option.

/ Need a source for tire valve stems. #3  
When I had a new tire put on my backhoe (industrial), I had mine with me (had replaced with tube at one point). The guy chuckled and said they had those by the hundreds.

so, even though you already have several locations in above post, you might simply ask the tire company...doesn't necessarily have to be tire company that sells ag tires, look / call on commercial?

Richard

/ Need a source for tire valve stems.
Thanks for the effort. None of those match. It doesn't match an industrial stem either. When screwed into the rim, about 3/4" protrudes. Overall it's 1.25" long. Between the threaded ends the shank is an octagon, eight sided.

That threw me because I kept trying a hex socket, After trying both regular and metric sockets, I took a close look. Yep, eight sided. A small square socket would work to remove them. The base that screws into the rim is about 3/8" diameter.

Somewhere, I'm sure someone has thousands of these in a bin.

/ Need a source for tire valve stems. #6  
Just curious, why do they have to be of a certain design. Why not use what is readily available?

/ Need a source for tire valve stems. #7  
Call Myers tire supply, if not the ones above I am sure they can get them. They have it all.

The new style shown on the Gempler site is the one I got at a tractor dealer today. The body is the same as the one I removed over the weekend with the exception of being knurled instead of having the octagon shank. The reason I wanted a direct replacement is to avoid having to remove the tire and break it down. Hopefully all I have to do is screw in the replacement and inflate the tire.

From now on, I'll make sure the valve stems are sticking straight up when I park the tractor rather than straight down as it ended up over the winter. The ballast corroded the valve spring and the tire lost pressure. To make it even better the tractor is parked under a lean-to behind the barn with the flat tire within a few inches of the barn.

/ Need a source for tire valve stems. #9  
Darren,

I just went through the same thing. Mine sheared off when I was raking and caught a limb in the wheel.

From what I can find out, there are two types of core housings, CH1 and CH3. CH1 is the older style (internal threads) that has been used on ag tractors since Shep was a pup. In other words, the one that I have in my toolbox.

CH3 is the newer style with external threads. I was unable to locate one locally on Sunday and ended up buying the entire valve assembly at the local John Deere dealer Monday morning. I was able to use the core housing from the new (Schrader) valve on the (Dill) valve in my tractor rim.

The valve assembly from Deere cost $8.50. Since this may happen again, I ordered up a supply of the core housings from Patchboy.com at $.85 each.

Best,

Jim Fisher

I found Patchboy, but Monday I called a local dealer. He had a coffee can full of the valve stems. No charge! Here's hoping I can get the tire to hold air.