Kubota turf tire choices; Goodyear, Kenda, Bridgestone?

/ Kubota turf tire choices; Goodyear, Kenda, Bridgestone? #1  

Sun Treader

Tractor
Case IH 495
I'm trying to figure out the turf tire options on the B2301/B2601 tires.

The two options are listed as:

FRONT - 22x8.50-12 R3 Bridgestone Pillow Diameter 1
REAR - 31x15.5-15 HF-1 Goodyear Xtra Traction

FRONT - 23x8.50-12 R3 Kenda Super Turf K500 FenWhl
REAR - 33x12.5-15 HF-1 Goodyear SofTrac

I've tried to figure out the differences between them but can't find any discussion of these specific tires in this application.

Which would be the toughest turf tire? Tractor is for mowing, light loader work, general tractor stuff. I suspect one of those sets is a super soft and wide golf course type tire and the other is the more 'normal' mower/tractor turf tire.

We have a big Case utility tractor for the heavy stuff with R1s.

So, what's the difference?

Thanks,
Dave

/ Kubota turf tire choices; Goodyear, Kenda, Bridgestone? #2  
I had Industrial 6 ply 12x 16.5 tires on my 2400 as OEM. I wanted a softer ride so I thought I'd get some turfs which had more balloon volume and 4 ply rating. I looked up the optional tires for my tractor and found that the 33 x 12.5 x 16.5 was the available turf for that tractor. I shopped and Titan was the only mfgr. Bought 2 and installed them. Local multi tire dealer is a Titan dealer, got them for $290 each with no tax and no shipping but I had to wait for the regularly scheduled truck....saved 100 bucks there.

Anyway, the 4 ply turfs are rated at 2300+ # at 30 psi. The rubber is so hard that I grabbed one of the mold pressure relieving teats with my thumb and index finger and couldn't pull it loose. I have about 10 hrs on them and the teats are still there.....aka tough rubber. I have added 115# wheel weights to each and run them at 8 psig. which puts me at risk for wheel slippage on the new (slick) wheels if I get too aggressive with the throttle and load. I added a tilting scoop that King Kutter makes and added a 65# weight to the top rear brace of it and added an air seat and finally got some sidewall deflection and a soft ride. Yes they are tough.

/ Kubota turf tire choices; Goodyear, Kenda, Bridgestone? #3  
You'll want the larger diameter, I'm suprised they even still offer the smaller (22 and 31 od combo).

I have a b2620 that I bought with r4 and added turfs later, used, the fronts on mine are 23x9.50-12 so look a little wider but are an example of second option you listed.

/ Kubota turf tire choices; Goodyear, Kenda, Bridgestone? #4  
Picture didn't attach. Couldn't find a good pic of the fronts on my phone.

1494045572481.jpg1494046348482.jpg1494046356262.jpg

/ Kubota turf tire choices; Goodyear, Kenda, Bridgestone? #5  
I had a set of R1 Bridgestone tires on one of my tractors and they were junk. They wore very uneven and cupped very bad. Since new they always had way to soft of a sidewall and sucked for loader work. I had one blow out this winter and the rear Firestones were still in such good shape the new fronts didn't hardly affect the ratio. I'll never own another set of Bridgestone tires. If they were on a new tractor I would make the dealer change them or I would go elsewhere. Maybe I just had a bad set but I'll never chance it again.