Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2540

Default Re: Anyone go from R1 to bar-turf and regret it?

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    I have seen those bar-turf and they are a super flotation tire and think they are meant for wet lawns and such. They seemed pretty lightweight and fragile in that you could tear them up with ag work, rocks or in the woods. Check that aspect out first but then stay with R1's. Especially in the woods.
    They do make an eight-ply version. As I finish with the gross work of forming my four acre homestead, I'll likely need to switch to something somewhat less damaging.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO 20, Kubota B3300, BH77, Massey Ferguson 1540

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9366 View Post
    What is a bar turf to you? Bar-turf is not a standard, understandable tire term.

Why do you wish to replace your R1/ag tires, sometimes termed 'bar' tires?

Here is a link to kubota option video of bar/turfs op is referring....when narrator goes to B series the bar/turf is shown. A friends old Kubota B1550 has them that I have used. I did see them a couple times in past Kubota whole goods lists as a seldom seen 4th tire option on some models.

Kubota Tire Choices: Why it Matters - YouTube

If link doesn't work, just google Kubota bar turf and see the Messick's YouTube video on Kubota tire choices.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

I'd get them in a heart beat. Main reason is that if you need more traction, just slap on a set of chains. The logging outfit I once worked for had 3 skidders. One of them had ags so worn, they stuck up about a half an inch. Here , chains were the great equalizer. That skidder pulled hard with chains on a set of well worn tires.

Tractor
    Ford 3930

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha2112 View Post
    The more I info. I 'dig' up and/ or see, [pun intended] the more I think a new set of R1s for that particular tractor is best. The xtra-tracs sure look cool though. Perhaps I will try a set on one of my other more multi-use tractors in the future.
    If I was doing lawn-duty only (and maybe nothing more demanding than top-dressing an already built and leveled driveway), then I'd be considering those Goodyear Xtracs.

W/O even talking woods work, I've seen to much "stuff" go on in just wet fields to want anything but R1s.

I like chains; they can help a lot, but not if they are in storage.

Rgds, D.
    It is more important to understand Fizx than to know how to spell it.

Tractor
    Kioti CK4010HST

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9366 View Post
    Next time, post all the tire information molded into the tire sidewall.
    Next time, if you don't know what the he-- your talking about, don't bother replying. You had no idea what he was asking yet you had to criticize. He had a great question based on the little information that he had. It's annoying to post when a know it all troll has to be a pretentious a--hole. If he had the sidewall info he may have not needed to post. Thanks for the info about radials but btw, no one ask.

Tractor
    B3300SU TLB

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJoe View Post
    Next time, if you don't know what the he-- your talking about, don't bother replying. You had no idea what he was asking yet you had to criticize. He had a great question based on the little information that he had. It's annoying to post when a know it all troll has to be a pretentious a--hole. If he had the sidewall info he may have not needed to post. Thanks for the info about radials but btw, no one ask.
    I've got to agree, that sounded pretty uppity on jeff9366's part. And oh by the way, Bar-Turf is a common designation despite jeff9366's response. I've seen them many times on sod farms and even some farm applications.
    Kubota B3300SU TLB, F2260 Mower, RTV-X1120D, Home Made Grapple, 60" Tiller, BoxBlade, Landscape Rake, Pallet Forks,etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123