Trailer Tire Replacement - LT Tire Recomendations

/ Trailer Tire Replacement - LT Tire Recomendations #21  
When I towed for a living (retired some years now) I use PJ/Kaufman and Starlite GN flatdecks. All three had a upgrade option to 16" LT E tires and Alcoa aluminum wheels on 5.2k-6k axles.
In this type of work 16" ST E poly tires are good for maybe 25k before throwing a tread of a zipper....... or the tread worn out (which was rare). With five trailers on the road I couldn't afford to use the ST tire with their advertised superior reliability :laughing:

With a quality LT tire that the tire mfg recommended for trailer service I could get 60k-70k miles before the tires tread was worn out. Sometimes the 60k-70k miles came in a year of service.

Now..... a ST235/80 or 85-16 load G tire at 4080-4400 lbs capacity like the commercial grade all steel ply carcass Sailun S637 have good service stories on haulers forums. These tire first came as a LT made for regional service trailers but due to high tariff rates on P and LT tires Sailun re badged them as a ST. I have a set of the S637 LT's on a 36' triaxle GN stock trailer/7k axles before the rebadging. I had them mounted in '13 and with 42k-43k miles I've had no problems.

/ Trailer Tire Replacement - LT Tire Recomendations #22  
I just replaced my camper travel trailer tires.
Original tires were 8 year old ST225/75R15 D rated (65MPH) 2540 lb. capacity radials. Hardly any miles on them, just replaced due to age.
Replaced them with ST225/75R15 E 10 ply Greenball Transmaster with an "L" (75MPH) speed rating and 2830 lb capacity radials.
I did not need higher speed rating as my state limit is 65 MPH and I don't tow any load faster than that.
They were not the cheap / economical tires the OP was looking for but for my peace of mind I shouldn't have to worry about a blowout next camping season.