What tires for my CK2510?

/ What tires for my CK2510? #1  
Tractor
Kubota L2501
Hi everyone, we are buying a Kioti CK2510 in the spring. First tractor and pretty excited. I've posted to other forums, but long story short we have a wide combination of things to do, all of which would be better served by different types of tires - unfortunately, multiple tractors is not an option.

1. We will be doing some dirt work, mostly bed shaping, bed shaping and rototilling beds.
2. We will be doing loader work, carrying bedding, manure and soil, but that loader is rated at 1000 max.
3. I will be mowing BUT ours is not a golf course turf. I'd like to keep it looking ok, but manicured is not the goal - we'll probably end up doing it with a flail mower.
4. I'll be pushing snow with the FEL until I have the money for a blower. The driveway is paved but short.

So... R3s are pretty much out I guess, but R1 or R4? Chains in winter are ok. As you can see, there is little paved work to do, although the barns are concrete slabs. AFAIK, Kioti won't do HDAP. The price is the same for all of the tires, which is nice.

Thank you in advance everyone!

/ What tires for my CK2510? #2  
You mention tilling and shaping raised beds. That's one of the primary uses for my Kubota, and the reason that we went with R1 tires. We make raised beds in our garden every year and need to be able to straddle the beds. R1s are usually able to be adjusted up different widths, and the tires themselves are also narrower than R4s. To me, it sounds like everything else you want to do would be as good or better with R4s, but they do really limit your ability in the garden.

Also, if you haven't already, check out the ck2610. It's quite a bit more tractor for not much more money.

/ What tires for my CK2510? #3  
Motown has pretty much hit the nail on the head. In your "list of four" - #1 presents a fairly direct conflict with the other three.

However - I think I would choose R4's also. R1's can really tear things up if the ground is soft.

/ What tires for my CK2510?
Motown has pretty much hit the nail on the head. In your "list of four" - #1 presents a fairly direct conflict with the other three.

However - I think I would choose R4's also. R1's can really tear things up if the ground is soft.

So R4s, chains in winter if needed, slow and steady in the dirt would be the advice? Sounds pretty much like what I expected. Thanks everyone!

/ What tires for my CK2510? #5  
I am going different, get the turf tires and a set of chains.
You will be amazed at what you can do as far as tillage with chains.
If you go with the Euro type chain on that light tractor you will not tear up your driveway
and even driving across you lawn will not do much damage, just aerate it a bit.

/ What tires for my CK2510? #6  
I have done dirt work and mowing with R4s. That would be my pick.. Chains are a pain to be putting on and off.

/ What tires for my CK2510? #7  
I looked at your list and said to myself that a set of R-3 turfs would be the best for your all around use. They don't dig in the way R-1's do in the mud but you never mentioned mud. Spacing might be an issue on beds. Depends on your spacing.

I have turfs on my John Deere 4410. I'm so glad I never let the salesman talk me into R-4's. My BIL's biggest complaint about his tractor is how rough the R-4's ride. He wishes he would have never got them.

I can push snow with my tractor fel till the engine runs out of power and not run out of traction. I've never bothered with chains because I don't need them.

/ What tires for my CK2510? #8  
R4 for everything but spacing on raised beds as said before. And times two on checking out the 2610 The three range transmission it has will be a real plus.

/ What tires for my CK2510? #9  
For the uses that you listed I really wouldn't consider R1s or R3s. R1s will tear up a soft yard and R3s will load up with manure and or slightly muddy soil and become slicks. R4s do not destroy a yard and they cleanout fairly well when working in muddy/manure conditions.

/ What tires for my CK2510? #10  
R4s and snow don't mix, PERIOD!

I have turfs on a CK2610 and love them in the snow. Yes I do FEL work with the same tires.

My neighbor just bought a new CK3510 gear with R4s and he can't use it on his driveway without chains, my tractor works just fine on his crappy driveway.

Demo both at a dealership while there is snow on the ground, you'll see.

Regards, Fred