tire chains

/ tire chains #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a TC21D with turf tires. I was thinking of using tire chains with using my box blade to get more traction in dirt and mud. We have no snow so the chains would be only used for dirt . Will this hurt my tires? Does anyone have any expirence doing this.

/ tire chains #2  
Vannich -- While there are excellent chains for mud use, I've never seen them for turf tires. Not saying it hasn't been done, though. The double ring design works well in mud, though on turfs it would be a VERY rough and bumpy ride on hard pack. Check tirechains.com and plug in your tire size to see what's available.

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ tire chains #3  
Vannich:
Pete was right on the money re: doubles are bumpy - but then they are made that way to stick up out of the bars on an ag tire. They work extremely well on my L3710. You might want to look at a smaller diameter chain and put a number of extra cross links (more rungs on the ladder - if you hang the chain vertically you'll see what I mean). I have snow chains for my little JD325 that are pretty smooth but provide plenty of traction over turf tires. You might also want to try BB Chain (603)673-3455. Their website seems to be down at the moment but they are great to work with and tend to get it right the first time.

Andy in NH