Easy tire fill

/ Easy tire fill
<font color="blue"> I believe those valves can be had at auto parts stores </font>
<font color="black"> </font>
I got it from NAPA for $20, I'm sure it could be had for less but I didn't want to shop around. The winter WW was $.94/gal at Walmart so its a cheap way to go. Sure glad I got away from calcium after all these years. Gotta give credit to TBN for the idea, I never thought of using WW fluid. Come to think of it, I've learned a lot of useful tricks from these forums. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my lovely wife, yes I am lucky, and she cooks too! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Easy tire fill #12  
Thanks Syncro, I've been working with tractors for over 20 years and you know what? .... I never knew how to fill tires. I've never needed to do it but you know us boyscouts, we like to be prepared. Now, if I ever need to, I'm ready. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Easy tire fill #13  
I am just curious if anyone has just mixed there own windshield washer fluid using alcohol and water?. I know allot of the truck drivers around here use this mixture instead of W.W. fluid. Or at least I think it is what there doing they seem to buy one heck of allot of alcohol in the winter and I was told this is the reason

/ Easy tire fill #14  
Alchohol, water, ice, cup?? Yep. Dump it in a tank, I dont think so /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The adapter is 10 bucks at TSC, you can forgo the drill pump if you dont have one and just gravity feed. Link

I didnt think of the coffee can but my setup was similar. Plastic bucket, caulk, and gravity. Took longer but I was 45 gal/ tire.

/ Easy tire fill #15  
My dealer swears by antifreeze - at 4 gals/tire. Anyone agree with him?

Dave

/ Easy tire fill #16  
Dave, regular old Prestone and water is what I put in my tires, and I never had a problem; however, if I were doing it now, I'd probably consider the non-toxic antifreeze.

/ Easy tire fill #17  
When I filled the 11.2-38s on my H I put four gal. of low toxic in each before finishing up with water. Felt very virtuous; you never know when the little dog will be out there licking the valve stem.
Wm /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Easy tire fill #18  
<font color="blue"> My dealer swears by antifreeze - at 4 gals/tire. Anyone agree with him?
</font>
The only issue with anti-freeze is if it leaks out, it's toxic to animals and dogs can not resist drinking it. Destroys their livers if it's not treated right away.

The issue with CaCl is if it leaks it is toxic to plants, grass, etc.

/ Easy tire fill #19  
I put regular auto antifreeze in my tires, although it was about 45 gallons of 50/50 mix in each rear tire, and I think a little over 5 gallons each in front.

I emptied the shelf of the cheapest brand of antifreeze for 4 days in a row at the store. They must have been wondering what was going on.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Easy tire fill #20  
Sounds like it would work. I wonder if it is less corrosive on your rims than Calcium? It sure seems it would be. Also 4 gallons for your weather or mine? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I know tire size is a factor also