Easy tire fill

/ Easy tire fill #1  

Syncro

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF 1532, Kubota B-26 TLB
This has probably been described many times, however I thought I'd post some pics for the benefit of someone thats naybe heard but not seen how its done. I used winter WW fluid and poured each gallon into a resovoir, made from a 2 LB coffee can. I soldered a threaded copper fitting to the can than ran a piece of garden hose to a drill pump and into the valve stem. The time per tire was about 30 min and no leaks, except for a cupfull or so from the somewhat worn drill pump.
Hope the pictures make the process easy to understand, it really is a simple and cheap way to load your tires.

pic #1 my wife filling the coffee can resovoir, it took about 30 sec per gal.

Attachments

• 535577-Tire-fill-03.jpg
    535577-Tire-fill-03.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,250
   / Easy tire fill
pic # 2 the hose connection to the tire valve. A screw adapter allows the garden hose to thread to the tube stem. There is an air blead button, after about 4 gals let the resovoir run empty, turn off the drill, wait about 15 seconds and depress the button to relieve built up air pressure, then resume filling.

Attachments

• 535578-Tire-fill-02.jpg
    535578-Tire-fill-02.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,071
   / Easy tire fill
pic #3 shows the drill pump, just keep all fitings tight and have the resovoir above the tire valve to make the pump self prime, and its an easy job. One other thing, when you're done filling and are replacing the valve stem, do it quick before all the air pressure leaves the tube as slight side pressure from the heavy tire can force liquid out. It you do this quick however you won't loose a drop.

Hope this helps somone out there.

Attachments

• 535583-Tire-fill-04.jpg
    535583-Tire-fill-04.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 969
   / Easy tire fill #4  
Hey Syncro thanks for the informative post. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

How much did you add to each tire and what do you guess each weighs now?

/ Easy tire fill
My little MF 1240 has 11.2x24 R-1's and according to Ballast Star <font color="blue">http://ballaststar.com/ </font> they each hold 23 gals for a 75% fill. I pumped in 22 gals per side for about 350 lbs total.

I forgot to mention, although it pretty obvious /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, jack up the wheels first and position the valve at the top. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Easy tire fill #6  
Syncro,

There have been threads like yours before, but it NEVER hurts to reveiw the process for those who missed the previous posts!

And I belive you are the first to go above and beyond the call of duty, and to release the wife from the kitchen to do even more useful work than cooking and dish washing!

You are to be commended. A true 21st century man!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I suggest the next step might be getting the better half trained on tractor cleaning and polishing. Don't forget to start a thread with pictures to give the rest of us a goal to shoot for... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You gotta train them early, or they end up training you. Beware...Been there...she done that...no hope for me... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Easy tire fill
<font color="blue"> "And I belive you are the first to go above and beyond the call of duty, and to release the wife from the kitchen to do even more useful work than cooking and dish washing!"
</font>
<font color="black"> </font> Roger that Henro! Attached is a pic of my voice operated leaf rake. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If she ever catches on though I'm gonna be eat'n beans for a looong time. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 535701-P1010027.JPG
    535701-P1010027.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 840
   / Easy tire fill #8  
Yep, I have one of those too, she does a better job than my Stihl backpack.

/ Easy tire fill #9  
thank you for the great pictures i will use your idea when i fill my tires soon as i find a resionable priced outer rim that the calcuim has eaten away /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Easy tire fill #10  
Thanks for the post Syncro. Pictures are always better. I believe those valves can be had at auto parts stores, correct? Count your lucky stars to have a wife that will get involved as yours does. Sure makes life a more pleasant prospect. John