tire repair

/ tire repair #1  

Judy_in_NC

Tractor
Mahindra 3510
I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for me.

One of my front tires (on Mahindra 3510) has gotten a pretty good size cut into it - fairly deep, though the tire is not losing air. (Don't know when it happened - likely when we were pulling down the walls of an old house we were dismantling.)

I am thinking there should be something I can put into this cut that will set up to a consistency similar to the tire rubber and help prevent dirt, sticks, whatever from poking into the cut and doing more damage. Any suggestions?

Judy in NC

/ tire repair #2  
I would try Goop. Here it the web page for Shoe Goo. They also have other products that may work. I have used several of their products and they work as advertised. A few years back I filled several side wall cuts on my machine with this stuff and it held up well.ShoeGoo

Let us know how you make out.

Andy

/ tire repair #3  
I had a similar issue - I just used ruber cement. worked OK - but might be the same thing as show goop. After I poured the ruber cement in I put a piece of Duck tape tape tightly over it over night so it could get a good cure. worked good it is still going!!

/ tire repair #6  
If the cut is "fairly deep" as you say I would replace the tire, or at least have it checked out by a good tire shop. With use the cut is likely to get worse and this tire is sure to fail on you. I do not think I would take the band-aid and duck tape fix on this one. Just my opinion.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ tire repair #7  
Front tires aren't very costly. It's the rear ones that dig into your pocket. Get another rim and make that one a spare. Or at least as suggested above have it checked. Our farmer's coop have a boot (large rubber patch) that they glue behind cuts, works pretty good, costs about $12 plus labor.
JD