Tractor
    Kubota L2800

Default Front tire question?

I have a Kubota L2800 2wd with AG tires. I'd like to replace the front tires with something more forgiving on the grass. The standard ribbed tires that are on the tractor simply cause too much damage to the yard when turning in soft terrain. Anyone have any ideas what type of tire would be a good replacement? I've been told that a standard truck tire would work well, but I don't want the front to push in turns. Thanks in advance for your input.

Tractor
    4330 Kubota, 600 ford

Default Re: Front tire question?

They make some other kind and I have them on my 600 ford. I don't know the name of them, sorry. I like them. luck be yours teddy

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    7275 Cub Cadet

I had standard 16 inch truck tires on my old Ford 8N. You should be able to run any type that will fit your rims.

Veteran Member

what about some standard turf tires, made for lawn and wont slide when you turn

With 2WD it doesn't matter what type or size you use. Turfs are good and truck type tires will do you well too. But a sharp turn and they all will slide to some extent. I personally never had trouble with a ribbed tire tearing up the lawn with a 2WD tractor.

Gold Member
    Western Illinois,just this side of heaven
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400 FEL

How about implement flotation tires. I have used them in the past and they work well.