Anyone have an R1 tire pop off?

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off? #11  
"He's right. If you have any slack in your front R1 and you turn with a loaded bucket, there is a really good chance of the tire popping off."

I would think that if you had this problem, one of two things was happening, you were under inflated or the tractor loader or tire were not designed correctly for each other. A Kubota L4850 I used for many years would easily load up the R1's it had, but never could I pop the bead. The bucket heaped could hold about 1 yard.

I have yet to see where an R4 could not easily handle the load. They are basically bullet proff when it comes to that. I simply cannot overload mine when inflated to the max pressure.

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off? #12  
This issue is related to inflation pressure and tire load rating, not tread style. Except for the fact that turf and bar turf tires are typically low ply and low load tires.

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off? #13  
I had that happen once while making a hard turn with a full bucket, but it was completely my own fault for not checking tire inflation. Just lost the bead and the antifreeze. No big deal, and it hasn't happened again since I no longer make that newbie mistake. Pete

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off?
Boondox - How underinflated were you? Just curious.

I think I am going to ask for the wider R1's. Probably the best compromise.

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off?
Whoah! I just checked the configurator and you can't get the wider R1's with the eHydro? What's up with that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I really want the ground clearance and traction the ag tires provide.

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off? #17  
Yeah, they were loaded and tubeless. I put a tube in before remounting and refilled with windshield washer fluid. As to the pressure, I really don't know. It was in my newbie days when I noticed them bulging under the weight of a bucketload of wet sand, but didn't think much about it till the seal broke.

It was an ignorant moment. Pete

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off? #18  
I've run R1's on all of my tractors for the last 40 plus years and done 1000's of hours of loader work. I have never had a R1 (even a 4 ply) pop off the rim. the only tractor I had without R1's was a tiny Deere 750 with turfs which I didn't really enjoy for loader work.
Obviously keep you tire pressure up. BTW I always keep my tires at rated PSI so that I have load capacity.
I agree that underflated tires can flex sidewalls and fall off. On my 2120 many times with rated psi, I had the tires flexed so that the rims were barely off the ground and still did not loose a bead.

Just my experiences.

Andy

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off? #19  
Yes, It was the front right tire on our 5420. Attempting to load the front bucket, the 4WD was on and the front tires started to "bite" and it de-beaded so quick I didn't notice it until I started to back up.

I don't know how low the pressure was, but the other front was at 20 psi. Max is 35 psi. Tires are not loaded.

I had it fixed and put them up to 35 psi and have now moved at least 200 bucket loads with no problems.

Get the R1's, keep them aired up...Kyle

/ Anyone have an R1 tire pop off? #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> What's up with that? </font> )</font>

Probably rub on the inside when you cut the wheels too sharp.