Tire choices??

/ Tire choices?? #1  

Bigman

Tractor
Kubota B3030
Hello all, I am trading my BX23 in for a B3030 ( I moved from 4 acres to 38 acres) The dealer asked me if I wanted turf or Ag tires and I said Ag because I will be working in heavily wooded, rock terrain with some wetland areas. I was looking for input on tire types, I did a search but cant find out the difference is between Ag, industrials R4 etc can someone please explain /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Tire choices?? #3  
I don't know why the dealer would suggest turf tires unless the 38 acres are a golf course! The decision would seem to be between R1/Ags and R4/industrials. I'm on 48 acres of grass, wood and rocks in NH and choose the Ags. The only downsides thus far are (1) they are tough on the grass and (2) they seem to want to cut up when the tractor is pressed into service as a piece of construction equipment. When digging in the local soil I've got a LOT of sharp, jagged rock to contend with.

On the other hand I've also got a Case 580 backhoe with the R4s and it can barely get out of its' own way when things get slippery. There's lots of tire discussion on this board. A search on these keywords should flesh out more info than you'd care to read.

Ed

/ Tire choices?? #4  
Hi Bigman,
I would vote for the R4 tires . I like the wider footprint of a R4 over a R1. It is a little less agressive than the R1's ,but I feel it is a good all around tire choice .The wider tread will also help in those wet land areas you speak of . It also will give you a wider stance ,which is nice if you are working on side hills . Just my thoughts .
Allen