Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill?

/ Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill? #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Hi Folks:

Is there any such thing as a non-toxic tire fill? I'll soon be doing some work in the woods (plenty of branches, small stumps, etc.) and I'm expecting to poke a hole in the turf tires on my MF 1220 at least once. I also have a dog (as you might guess from my avatar) so I really don't want anything that's toxic but tastes great (like water + antifreeze) nor anything corrosive (calcium solution). I'm sure there's some environmentally friendly options, but I'm sure the difficulty would be finding them locally. Any advice appreciated.

I guess foam would be an option, but as I understand it that's an expensive option. Is there a DIY foam by any chance?

Thanks!
Dave

/ Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill? #2  
It's called Rim Guard. Do a search here for it and you will get plenty of hits.

Happy searching/reading.

/ Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill?
Cool! Found their website...thank you so much for the post!

Dave

/ Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill? #4  
Also.. WW fluid... and the RV water tank antifreeze which is eco safe.

Soundguy

/ Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill? #5  
If you KNOW you are gonna poke a tire, you might want to look at foam filled. They CAN"T go flat. But it is a permanant solution, you are looking at new tires of you want to get out of it...

/ Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill?
Yes, I am indeed giving foam fill a look...please see my thread on DIY foam fill. That might very well be the best option.

Dave

/ Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill? #7  
Out here in most parts of California everyone uses water. Our wheels don't rust and it rarely gets cold enough to put a 1/16" of ice on the dogs water bowl. I would not want to drink the water once its been in there, but it is probably quite safe.

/ Non-toxic environmentally safe tire fill? #8  
Watch the RV anti-freeze. Won't kill you or your pets but sure will do a number on the lawn. I spilled some (doing the RV thing) and had a brown spot for what seemed like years. I'm much more careful now /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif