Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Ford 3430 and Zetor Zebra 2520

Default Re: Rear tire inflation

I sure hope those speeds were in the line of duty. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Second one was; first one was when I was dumb kid without sense enough to know better.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford

O.K., Sounded like an interesting ride. I've blown a bunch of tires at 100 m.p.h. speeds. I lived out in the middle of Nevada when I was a kid and drove those speeds daily. It's a [censored] shame you can't pick up a hundred dollar car that can run 130 or 140 after a tune up these days. I've blown tires and had them take a fender off before I could get the car stopped. Two blown tires at once was good for a ride through the desert. I'd much rather blow a front tire. All you'd have to do was hold on and point it straight and you could get it stopped O.K.. A back tire would try, and sometimes succeed, to spin you. The worst thing to have happen is to throw the tread and not have the tire lose air pressure. The combination of a severely out of balance tire and two or three feet of tread flying around at that speed makes for a really interesting time!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3700SU; Hustler Super-Z 66in

Bird,

"Uniroyal's recommended minimum, "

That is exactly what I was trying to say. The minimum from the tire maker is more important. And that's what I follow.

Peter

Tractor
    L4310hst-loader-hydraulic top link

Here is how I came up with the approx. pressure to run in my tires. Went to the tire web site and looked up my tire, then roughly calculated the weight on the tires and started high in pressure and have been working them down a pound at a time.

Here is a link to the firestone all traction utility tire.<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.firestoneag.com/tiredata/ag/rear_tractor/rtr_atu.asp>http://www.firestoneag.com/tiredata/ag/rear_tractor/rtr_atu.asp</A>

Gordon

Gold Member
    Tractor
    kubota l3010hst/ford 601 workhorse

I'm currently running 24psi in the front for the fel, but I'm still unsure of a good pressure for the rears when running my kub backhoe. anyone have a good starting point?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123