How do i check tire pressure on a loaded rear tire

/ How do i check tire pressure on a loaded rear tire #1  

sidney

Tractor
Kubota/B7100 HST
when i attempted to check the tire pressure on my rear tires of my Kubota B7100 HST oil came out from them ( i assume thta the oil is the feature that the rear tires are loaded) any comments

/ How do i check tire pressure on a loaded rear tire #2  
Are you absolutely sure it is oil???
More likely it is water mixed with calcium chloride. Tastes a little bitter, salty, will wash off with water, oil will not.
Check pressure with air fitting on tire at 12 0'clock.

/ How do i check tire pressure on a loaded rear tire #3  
That's probably not oil....probably Calcium Chloride. I've never heard of oil being use to fill tires...

Anyway, I jack the tractor up (jack under the drawbar bracket) so the rear tires are just off the floor...maybe a ¼" or so.
Then rotate the tire to be checked so the valve stem is in the 12 O'Clock position. My rear tires both rotate when I'm doing this, so make sure both wheels are not touching the floor or pavement.

If you don't have an air-liquid tire gage...this would be a good time to get one.

Anyway, check the pressure as above and you'll get a true reading without all the mess.

/ How do i check tire pressure on a loaded rear tire #4  
I'm too lazy to run the jack over. I usually start the tractor up if a stem isn't at the top and drive until it gets there. May have to do this for each tire, as they're almost never the same. Usually only have to move it a tiny bit.

On windshield washer fluid like is in mine, I just use a regular tire gauge. So far, it hasn't packed up. CaCl2 might do it in though.

Ralph

/ How do i check tire pressure on a loaded rear tire #5  
If it was a brown liquid maybe it's a molasses mixture. One of our tractors has that in the rears. I've used a regular gage at the 12 o'clock position, and just rinsed it off afterwards.

/ How do i check tire pressure on a loaded rear tire #6  
If the liquid your describing is brown it is most likely "Rim Guard". It is more expensive than calcium chloride but is non-corrossive. It also costs a lot more too to fill your tire with but has more weight to it than c/c which is good....

/ How do i check tire pressure on a loaded rear tire #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm too lazy to run the jack over. I usually start the tractor up if a stem isn't at the top and drive until it gets there. May have to do this for each tire, as they're almost never the same. Usually only have to move it a tiny bit.)</font>

That's exactly what I do Ralph...
But in case I do need the jack, I just bring it with me everywhere. (Too lazy to even go get it) Ha! Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 781430-FARM JACK  PRY BAR.JPG
    781430-FARM JACK PRY BAR.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 276