Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH TC35D4

Default help on tire specs

I'm attemping to get a replacement tire for my finish mower and I know that I need a tire not larger than 9" in diameter because of the yoke and the wider tread the better. Can someone explain what all these number mean??
    16-6.50-8 as an example... I think 8 is the diameter...

thanks
    gary

Default Re: help on tire specs

gmason,

I am pretty sure that a " 16-6.50-8 " is 16 inches in overall diameter (tall), is 6.5 inches wide and is mounted on an 8 inch diameter wheel.

John Bud

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Gary, check out the tires at Northern Hardware. The famous mail-order hardware and misc. stuff catalog and web-site. They not only will have the size but usually include the overall diameter also.

Gold Member
    Akaroa South Island ,New Zealand (about 1/2 way down south island)
    Tractor
    8350 valmet with 980SL FEL duels had a 150 Hp deutz just sold it 10 NOV 01

Hi ya
    16-6.50-8 did ya get that number off a jeep?? i would read it as 16 inch rim 6.50 wide and 8 ply but i alwas thought tires went wide-(profile)-rim-ply so my back tire 580/70/38/10
    but i have got US tires on my land cruiser and i think it goes 31X10.5X8 in this case i think it's rolling diameter(????) -wide-ply someone should be able to work it out
    catch ya
    JD Kid