R4 tire wear?

/ R4 tire wear? #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
What kind of hours is anyone getting out of their R4 tires. Fronts & rears?

/ R4 tire wear? #2  
500+ hours in 8 years and the fronts are 50%+. My tractor sees very little road time, maybe 20 miles/yr.

/ R4 tire wear?
Thanks for your reply. I was just curious of what kind of hours to expect out of R4's. My old 870 had R1's with 1950 hours on the original rears and I had replaced fronts twice.

/ R4 tire wear? #4  
910 hours on my R-4's .
I have around 50% fronts and 75% rears

/ R4 tire wear? #5  
Almost no wear on my rears in 400+ hours. But then again, I have chains on year round for traction in the mud.

Fronts are 90%

Titan's on the front and Firestones on the rear

j

/ R4 tire wear? #6  
I have turf tires on the rear, but have R4 on front.
I originally had turf in front but they did not hold up well with bucket work so I put R4 on the front (they are the same size as the original turf). I get about 800 hr. before I replace them. I have 4700 hours on my NH 1620. I am always in 4 wheel drive and on and off hard surfaces. I still have my original turf tires in back, but the side walls are showing weather checking tread is still 50% or better.

/ R4 tire wear? #7  
Over 800 hr on rear and real good yet and replaced the front once at about 450 on my L48 but do a lot of heavy loader work on the blacktop.

/ R4 tire wear? #8  
Almost 800 hours on my B2910 - the rears are hardly worn at all and the fronts are at probably at only 30% left. I've had slow leaks in the front so they are occassionally under-inflated and probably have driven it on pavement a few times in 4WD, which may have contributed to the high wear.

/ R4 tire wear? #9  
I'm at almost 700 hours on my NH TC24. Rears I would guess are probably 80 - 90% left. Fronts are probably 60 - 70% left. Most of the time in grass in 2wd unless doing loader work or something. I'm only on pavement 2 or 3 times of the year when I have to go to the "other side" of our property so I can rough cut it.