Tire Repair?

/ Tire Repair? #1  

ArkLaTexSam

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320 Cab
I noticed yesterday that I have a large splinter of wood stuck in one of my rear R4 tires. I'm not sure how deep it is, haven't lost any tire pressure yet and the splinter is wedged in tight. My R4's are loaded with window washer fluid.

If I start hearing air or loosing pressure when I pull out the splinter can I plug it with a standard (air) tire repair plug or is there some other trick to repairing loaded tires?

Thanks for any suggestions,

ArkLaTexSam

/ Tire Repair? #2  
You would have to make sure the hole is above or at the top above the fluid level. Ream out the hole good and make sure it is dry before installing the plug or it might not seal properly. Not only that but it will keep you from getting wet. :)

/ Tire Repair? #3  
Along with what DP said.. jack and block that wheel of fthe ground if you do go to plug it.. that will keep tractor weight from expelling ballast..

Soundguy

/ Tire Repair?
OK, will do and thanks for your help.

ArkLaTexSam

/ Tire Repair? #5  
Is the splinter bigger than a plug? If it ain't broke don't fix it yet.

/ Tire Repair? #6  
I have a nail in my loaded R4, until its a problem I am going to leave it alone. If the plug doesn't work and you need a patch on the inside- you may need extra adhesive to keep the patch in place. Mine was fixed by a farm tire service and the alcohol in the washer fluid ate up the patch adhesive, now it has two patches and a tube.

Good Luck!